Albums currently kicking your ass

I haven't counted but I'd say from anywhere between 600 onwards. Found one last night that I can't remember bringing in to the house. I decided a fair while ago to try to just buy vinyl mainly because I found it easier and more beneficial as a kid to fully digest an album in two seperate halves but also because nowadays there's so many albums that if I spend the extra money on a record then I'll spare an album the time it deserves compared to the thousands of CDs I have and it works and is way more of an enjoyable way to digest a new album. Only a few years ago I decided to double up and buy all of the classics I already had on cd, that has been very enjoyable but pricey.
There's more to it as far as psychology in enjoying an album, CDs are boring and a representative of the technology that's not desirable for the enjoyment of music, it might sound funny but to go to the effort of playing a record is an event and somehow prepares you for the album.
Most people here will disagree with me as far as the enjoying and digesting goes, I'm just old I guess but it's something I enjoy.
Upon reflection that little 'intermission' between sides should you choose to play the other side has always given me time to reflect and that has been a big difference.
Gave you more info than you bargained for sorry Oz hehe.

Last edited:
More about being selective and making sure that time is quality time. And also a subconscious response to the far too many albums being released these days as a way of quality control.
I'm no hipster music has been my main source of entertainment and it's a way to keep the old feeling alive maybe? It works for me.
I see what you're saying, I've got all of my CDs on a 180G iPod and still listen to CDs all the time but vinyl is preferable if possible.
But to answer your question it is nice to have that time though not currently working and living in Tasmania I can't say that I'm run off my feet ATM.

Last edited:
I just realised that a percentage of you must listen to music mainly on your work pc's on band camp or whatever.

Yep, but I can't wait to fully move into my new place so I can just come home, drink beer and listen to music as loudly as I want. Music will be on whenever I am home. At that point, I can listen to the vinyl I bought a long time ago and haven't really listened to yet

I can't wait to get back into the workforce, being a seafarer here is weird. I do a couple of months work on excellent pay then sit around bored blowing my money cause our great Union has priced us out of the game. I would rather have less pay and more security/structure.
You'll love it , a milestone. I don't get that just money for peanuts and way too much spare time which leads to drugs and shit when everyone else is at work on a Monday morning I'm off my guts, weird life.

Howls of Ebb - Cursus Impasse: The Pendlomic Vows

Agostino-Arrivabene-cover-for-Howls-of-Ebb-e1456810839955.jpg

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark