Albums currently kicking your ass

In your defense, Cyth...symphonic metal does typically blow ass.

0cf35357afc2be5f9cff5c307251516f_full.jpg

Why do you think it's significant to point out that you all know I don't like symphonic metal? Surely nobody would be complaining if, for instance, everybody knew I liked power metal and then I made a comment that I really like some new power metal album. Are positive opinions privileged on this forum or something?

No, but negative ones that are repeated several times eventually become redundant and pointless, and offer no real contribution to the thread. Most people on this forum know your stance on symphonic metal. Therefore, anyone could guess that you would say "This music sucks." It just gets old and annoying, to be honest.

If you actually did like power metal, and then stated that you liked a "new" power metal album, that would be contributing because maybe it's an album that someone else hasn't heard and wants to check out. If you say that you don't like a symphonic metal album, and everyone knows that you don't like symphonic metal, then that particular post is basically pointless.

nothing+RE.jpg

Listening to the re-issue of Nothing..must say that the original is MUUUCH better, even if the only difference is the new 8-string guitars..

No, but negative ones that are repeated several times eventually become redundant and pointless, and offer no real contribution to the thread. Most people on this forum know your stance on symphonic metal. Therefore, anyone could guess that you would say "This music sucks." It just gets old and annoying, to be honest.

If you actually did like power metal, and then stated that you liked a "new" power metal album, that would be contributing because maybe it's an album that someone else hasn't heard and wants to check out. If you say that you don't like a symphonic metal album, and everyone knows that you don't like symphonic metal, then that particular post is basically pointless.

I don't think you have responded adequately to my points. I still do not see the asymmetry here. The way I see it, it's just as likely for my negative opinions to be as informative as my positive opinions. If my positive opinions are informative and "constructive" in the way that you're positing, then it seems entirely natural to extend that line of reasoning to the matter of my negative opinions. For suppose somebody has similar taste to me. Would it not be informative for them to know that I do not like a particular album or song?

I think you just don't like my opinion, but you need to get over that. It's part of being a mature adult and living in the world with people who are not you.

I don't think you have responded adequately to my points. I still do not see the asymmetry here. The way I see it, it's just as likely for my negative opinions to be as informative as my positive opinions. If my positive opinions are informative and "constructive" in the way that you're positing, then it seems entirely natural to extend that line of reasoning to the matter of my negative opinions. For suppose somebody has similar taste to me. Would it not be informative for them to know that I do not like a particular album or song?

For yes, let's suppose. If someone had your particular tastes, I would think that he or she would see the label "symphonic" and say "Oh, that is most definitely a shit band" without ever needing to listen to it. However, if someone has very different tastes from yours (say, they enjoy symphonic metal), then they'll see your opinion and think, "Oh, he doesn't like this band; but he doesn't like symphonic metal, so this doesn't effect me at all."

Essentially, I believe that every member on this forum could have guessed what your opinion of Obsidian Gate is, simply by reading a description of the band's sound.

I think you just don't like my opinion, but you need to get over that. It's part of being a mature adult and living in the world with people who are not you.

Thanks for the advice. It was life-changing.

Darkspace - Darkspace III

Easily up there with The Maniacal Vale and Graves of the Archangels for the best of 2008

For yes, let's suppose. If someone had your particular tastes, I would think that he or she would see the label "symphonic" and say "Oh, that is most definitely a shit band" without ever needing to listen to it. However, if someone has very different tastes from yours (say, they enjoy symphonic metal), then they'll see your opinion and think, "Oh, he doesn't like this band; but he doesn't like symphonic metal, so this doesn't effect me at all."

Essentially, I believe that every member on this forum could have guessed what your opinion of Obsidian Gate is, simply by reading a description of the band's sound.

So what? Would you make the same comments if I said I liked a particular black metal album? I mean, everybody knows I really like black metal, and I imagine one might be able to tell in at least some cases that I would like an album just from hearing a description of it. But neither you nor anybody else ever makes a fuss in cases like this. Quit being ridiculous. Verily, you are being quite a faggot.

Thanks for the advice. It was life-changing.

I'll be around if you ever need to talk.

I love all The Chasm albums. Conjuration of the Spectral Empire is excellent, probably my favourite along with Procession To The Infraworld.

I've been trying to get a hold of the first 2 but they're impossible to find. I hope they get re-released at some point.

FFS - Encyclopaedia Metallum has been down for 2 days. Impeding progress here!

Deathcult is available on CM Distro i think... not sure if it's out of stock, but it doesn't look like it.

http://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Chasm-_The_-_Deathcult_For_Eternity-_The_Triumph_-Slipcase-/11524

Entombed - Serpent Saints

Kick ass album I've been playing quite a bit lately

best thing I've heard out of them since Clandestine
additional vocals by Killjoy on the song Masters Of Death was a nice touch

So what? Would you make the same comments if I said I liked a particular black metal album? I mean, everybody knows I really like black metal, and I imagine one might be able to tell in at least some cases that I would like an album just from hearing a description of it. But neither you nor anybody else ever makes a fuss in cases like this. Quit being ridiculous. Verily, you are being quite a faggot.

Verily, I don't really care about anything you say or think. Verily, I'll maintain my position because I'm stubborn. And verily, I'm done; because sometimes "shut up" just means shut up.

I'll be around if you ever need to talk.

;)