Albums currently kicking your ass

2qbymh3.jpg

The new Nunslaughter EP.

EDIT: He sounds like Chris Barnes in the second song, hah.

Not Blind Guardian dickface, only that album. Read before you post.

Yeah, that album blows. It has one really good song and two decent ones. Other than that it's bland and uninspired.

In his defense though, all you wrote was "gay as hell" after he posted the album; so it could be taken that you thought either the album or the band was gay.

Yeah, that album blows. It has one really good song and two decent ones. Other than that it's bland and uninspired.

In his defense though, all you wrote was "gay as hell" after he posted the album; so it could be taken that you thought either the album or the band was gay.

But it's a thread about albums not bands. So i thought everybody knew i was talking about the album. Anyway, it's not a problem. I'll forgive him.

Totally, very heavy album. I actually enjoy it more than their previous release, although that one seems to get rated higher. "A Million Moons" and "An Autumn Serenade" are majestic.

On my first listen, I only enjoyed "An Autumn Serenade" onward. But every time I listen to it I work my way back to enjoying the first half. Last time for me it picked up on "Ego Universalis", so I'll probably enjoy "A Million Moons" next listen.

One the other hand, I enjoyed their first album in its entirety on the first listen. I think its reward is more immediate, whereas Procella Vadens has more return value. I noticed that this is a trend with German bands.

By the way, album kicking my ass:

altarofplagues.jpg

Altar of Plagues - White Tomb (just for Grant)

On my first listen, I only enjoyed "An Autumn Serenade" onward. But every time I listen to it I work my way back to enjoying the first half. Last time for me it picked up on "Ego Universalis", so I'll probably enjoy "A Million Moons" next listen.

Some reviews criticized "A Million Moons" for being too monotonous, but I think it just creates an amazing atmosphere; such an ethereal, mystical voyage.

Well I'm listening to the album now so I'll let you know what I think.

Apologetics section:

1. Just got the joke, Grant. Wasn't sounding out "Read before you post."

2. Patrick, the first half is now just as awesome as the last. "A Million Moons" is a great track.