Albums currently kicking your ass

Funny how Xorv posted Silencer and then a few posts later the album that Silencer is basically a cheap clone of was posted.

Also, why call something someone's one and only debut? You can't have more than one debut, so that's fucking redundant.

Nattramn isn't actually crazy and those are all stories made up as part of his image. That's why his mutilation pictures are obviously posed and he's holding animal bones to make it look like he mutilated his hands. Crazy people don't have to pose for fake pictures in order to look crazy.

There's also no evidence that he was ever institutionalized, and his claims that he recorded Diagnose: Lebensgefahr while institutionalized are obviously fake since they'd never have allowed him access to the equipment he'd need to make that type of thing in a rehabilitation facility. It's all image.

Who the fuck cares whether his psychosis is genuine or not, he's an annoying vocalist IMO. DPM was an alright record, but in the end a lot of its popularity stems from nothing more than the novelty of those shrieks, and those just don't do it for me.

Yes, the voice is high-pitched, abrasive, and very different than anything you may have heard in black metal before. Yes, the voice lacks power and presence. But what you gain by the lack of intensity and power is the feeling of a withered and decaying soul. Tell me, when it comes to suicidal black metal, would you rather being looking in the face of a gargantuan monster of a man with all the presence of a charging rhinoceros, or something frail, something sick and dying

Only those who are serious about this music actually feel it and let it tear at their senses. If you can't help but chuckle at his sudden manic screams, you probably never gave this album a chance or just aren't into such emotional black metal.

There is no proof that all these stories behind this album are true or not, but they add something special to the music.

Bethlehem is average at best.

Funny how you say all this stuff about Silencer, but say Bethlehem is average at best...they create some of the same 'feeling' and 'atmosphere'...maybe not quite the same way but still dark and emotionally tormented...

I'm curious to know what else made your top ten...?

And as for albums kicking my ass, it'd be Enthroned-"Towards The Skullthrone of Satan". Really good stuff there.

vocals aside i don't find the music incredibly noteworthy. It's competently executed depressive BM. But hey, if something about them sparks a particular affection in you, cool for you.

Nattramn isn't actually crazy and those are all stories made up as part of his image. That's why his mutilation pictures are obviously posed and he's holding animal bones to make it look like he mutilated his hands. Crazy people don't have to pose for fake pictures in order to look crazy.

There's also no evidence that he was ever institutionalized, and his claims that he recorded Diagnose: Lebensgefahr while institutionalized are obviously fake since they'd never have allowed him access to the equipment he'd need to make that type of thing in a rehabilitation facility. It's all image.
Were did you get this from? I'm not saying I'm holding super evidence or something, but I've talked to people who have interviewed him and also talked to him myself (only through mail though), and everything points to him have been/being institutionalized in Växsjö? He probably isn't as crazy as the image he puts up, but totally fake. Sorry, I think you are way off here. :)

Where'd you get that one? I know a few of the guys in the Realicide crew, played my first show ever with Robert Inhuman actually.
I love that Hentai Lacerator album. It is so ridiculous and crazy and just plain awesome.
I got that, a handful of Realicide discs and a couple Jim Swill books from Robert. Realicide is going to be in town here in a few weeks. I'll probably end up going to the show.
Picture12b.jpg

Definitely my album of the year.

Great album indeed.

Yes, the voice is high-pitched, abrasive, and very different than anything you may have heard in black metal before.

Yeah, very different from anything aside from Rainer Landfermann of Bethlehem's on Dictius Te Necare. ;)

Maybe he actually is crazy, but a lot of his image is fabricated.