Albums currently kicking your ass

1303288948_XerathII2011.jpg

jesus

EXCELLENT album, right there. Obscura represents all that is awesome with tech death.

My current:

6iVUK.jpg

You know that game where you take an album cover from a randomly generated flickr account? And then take a random quote and piece it all together to make up a band and an album cover?

This looks like something that would be created by said game.

I'm becoming a total BDM whore. Between Defeated Sanity, Devourment, and Infernal Revulsion I don't need much else, LOL.

I think I just like the rawness of it. I kinda got tired of the sterility of quantized/triggered/processed-to-hell metal. Even if it's immaculately written and performed, it sometimes feels hollow when the end result is indistinguishable from something created purely from samples in a computer. It's put me on a HUGE brutal/grind/black kick.

Speaking of which, Wormrot's "Dirge" has to be on the list of best grind albums in the past five years.

Lately, in the car, it's been Carass's Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious, and Control Denied - The Fragile Art of Existence. At home on the turntable, Hellhammer's Demon Entrails.