Albums currently kicking your ass

king_crim_courtf.jpg

This. Ah, King Crimson ftw.

Remember when "progressive rock" was actually "progressive"? And they were actually trying new things and pushing against boundaries? Now it's all about aping the greats like Crimson.

i didnt think prog rock really existed any more. Other than Opeth trying....

Post rock is this generation's prog rock... sorta.

Remember when "progressive rock" was actually "progressive"? And they were actually trying new things and pushing against boundaries? Now it's all about aping the greats like Crimson.

The key word here is "rock," which imposes substantial limitations on the extent of the possible.

Indeed. Few things beat 70s prog rock.

But I can't complain, I feel like I've only scratched the surface of it. There's just so many gems only recently being unearthed, and I suspect it should keep me busy many years ahead.

deathspell-omega-paracletus-e1287092483215.jpg

I've been obsessed with DsO as of late. Anyone know where I can get Fas for a decent price in the states? I've checked most black metal distros...

I've said it before, but MOG if you're in the US. They have DsO's whole discog. I'm listening to Fas right now actually.