Albums currently kicking your ass

00-front-old-school-death-metal.jpg

Why not? Blizaro is pretty much Orodruin with keyboards. Hellwell is pretty much Manilla Road with keyboards. Of course, this is just on the surface and each group is distinct.

Well personally I think the Hellwell record is pretty similar to anything Manilla Road has done, just more keyboard work. Blizaro is pretty different but i've only listened to the first 3 albums and they are trying to a 70/80s horror theme vibe. Have you heard John Gallow? Pretty cool italian doom/heavy side project of his

I'm jealous of you listening to that before me. Did that leak already?

Got it at their show last night in NY. It totally sold out.

Krow said:
Do want. Hoping they're more death than black on that one though.

I wouldnt say its any blacker than Agony. The two singles are a good sample of whats on there. Im enjoying how Veronica Bordacchini supplies operatic vocals on twice as many tracks. I was hoping the clean vocals from the bassist would be cut but i think ill still end up enjoying it more than Agony.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre-ordered FGA - L from Amazon. Glad I waited until after they dropped the price from 17.99 to 7.99 lol. Anyway, waiting until it arrives in my mailbox before hearing the whole thing. Pretty excited, but I doubt it's going to be as good as Agony. Would be practically impossible.