Albums currently kicking your ass

withered_foliecirculaire.jpg

It's pretty great, I highly recommend it.

You know I once played it in my car when driving two friends, and they instantly started blabbering about something being terribly wrong with the drum production. Imo that's the kind of record where you don't really give a crap about the production as long as it's ok, because the song material is at such a high level, like with Burzum. The songs aren't meant to pound your face in anyway.

Atrophy - Violent by Nature
Death Angel - The Ultra-Violence
Exodus - Bonded by Blood

Took me long enough to find these thrash gems. I like the fact the sound less like Metallica which a year ago I probably would've gone for the opposite. afte Death Magnetic I've really soured on that band.

For me its 'Alien' by Strapping Young lad, 'Down II - a bustle in your hedgerow' and a pre-release copy of 'Evolution: Creatio Ex Nihilio' by Enochian Theory.

I love the sonic chaos of 'alien'. its so full on that one of the stereos in my house can't actually deal with it (LOL).

'Down II' is just a beast of an album. Sludgey, southern fried riffs with Anselmos tradmark vocals just creating a real sort of 70's vibe almost.

Don't care much for Anselmo as a person these days (after being a massive Pantera fan in my youth' but Down are a band who make consistently good records.

Firstly Enochina Theory are my cousins band so i may be slightly biased , but you should give them a listen and see what you think. Epic progressive rock.