Albums that are unfarily bashed

Funeral Portrait said:
Turbo isn't bad. Not half as bad as Point of Entry at least
ill.gif
Point of Entry seems to get shit on quite a bit also. I think it's a good record, and I'm not just saying that 'cause it's a Judas Priest record. It's got some good stuff on it. "Heading Out to the Highway", "Desert Plains", "Hot Rockin'". Good stuff.

Here's my view on "Chaos A.D.":
It carries a whole lot of groove riffs and generally a lot of influence from Pantera's "Vulgar Display of Power" but it's not by any standards nu-metal. It is however the "middle-thing" between being thrash and being nü, which is why it's bashed. I find Territory to be a pretty decent track anyway.

Cryptkeeper said:
Point of Entry seems to get shit on quite a bit also. I think it's a good record, and I'm not just saying that 'cause it's a Judas Priest record. It's got some good stuff on it. "Heading Out to the Highway", "Desert Plains", "Hot Rockin'". Good stuff.
Eh, maybe it's just me. PoE is the only (pre-owens) Priest album I really didn't dig too much.

Morbid Angel - Formulas Fatal To The Flesh (Their best album)
Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War (The best album in Black Metal)
Gorguts - Obscura (The best album in Metal)
Incantation - Diabolical Conquest (Their best album)
Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets
Hate Eternal - King Of All Kings
Nile - Black Seeds Of Vengeance (The ITNE of Death Metal)
Krisiun - Conquerors Of Armageddon
Disgorge - Consume The Forsaken
Emperor - Emperial Live Ceremony (the newer songs make more sense as 'performed' art imho)

Nile577 said:
Gorguts - Obscura (The best album in Metal)
I thought everyone loved this album.

Cryptkeeper said:
I don't think it's the origional mallcore albuum. I belive Roots was proto-mallcore. I defnaitly forshadowed what Max would do with Soulfly. The only track I like off that album is the title track.
What about "Rattamahatta?"

MURAI said:
Yes, anybody that accuses Sepultura for creating nu-metal from Chaos AD (just because it's slowed down groove-thrash) is full of shit. Nu-metal clearly comes from Korn's self-titled album. I dont get why it gets bashed just because it isnt as thrashy as their earlier work. I really like that album by the way.
:headbang:

Probably the clean vocalist/percussionist. When I bought that album as a kid, my mom walked on me listening to the beginning of the song, and hung around until the vocals came in. I'd never seen her laugh so hard and when she was done, she patted me on the head (I was friggin' 14!) like I was a lost cause before leaving.

Of course, she approved of the album because she, like me, has a thing for ethnocentric art in any form.

anonymousnick2001 said:
When I bought that album as a kid, my mom walked on me listening to the beginning of the song, and hung around until the vocals came in. I'd never seen her laugh so hard and when she was done, she patted me on the head (I was friggin' 14!) like I was a lost cause before leaving.
:lol:

I'll attempt to listen to it again, and try and figure out why I don't like it.

every album i know of that is bashed is always bashed for good reason. (octagon from bathory)

I think St.Anger from METALLICA is unfairily bashed,the most people that had a few METALLICAalbums and then listened to St.anger did'nt realy like it because it was different than METALLICA's other albums :Smug: .
But for me it was the first whole METALLICAalbum I heard, and it's still one of my favorite CD's! :headbang:

Morbid Angel- I'll go one step further and say that most anything past 'Blessed' is unfairly bashed. Every one of their albums are brutally great in their own way.

others off the top of my head:

Bloodbath- Ressurection Through Carnage
The Chasm- Procession to the Infraworld
Cryptopsy- And Then You'll Beg
Decapitated- Nihility
Dragonforce- (flower metal? this stuff shreds!)

I'm getting the suspicion that Bas667 is trolling.

For me, I think newer Soilwork takes too much heat (post A Predator's Portrait) True, it's not pure metal, it's even pop-like, but tis still good, and Soilwork writes good pop-metal.

I also like RtR alot, but I'm not getting into that here.

Machine Head - Burn my Eyes, to this day is one of my favorite albums which I discovered when I was younger.
Agalloch - Pale Folklore - everyone always puts the Mantle before this one, but it is fuckin spectacular, not that the Mantle isn't, but it sounds like in the Mantle they just spread out similar material across the whole album, but in Pale Folklore they took had more original material.

Creed-Human Clay

This album was way ahead of it's time. Like they were all into being positive and writing metal about Jesus when the rest of the faggots out there were too busy being player haters. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!

crabcakemiser said:
Creed-Human Clay

This album was way ahead of it's time. Like they were all into being positive and writing metal about Jesus when the rest of the faggots out there were too busy being player haters. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!

:err: Troll much?