Albums with the best production

sorry chomps mate the grindy tone fans are out to get you! i'm afraid to say im on their side! the grindy tone isnt my tone of choice, but it sounds great for bloodbath and works well on their albums

Yeah...because im CONSTANTLY whining:rolleyes:
I think it's you who gets into a hissy fit whenever someones musical tastes don't fall in line with your own. Get a life.

chomps said:
Yeah...because im CONSTANTLY whining:rolleyes:
I think it's you who gets into a hissy fit whenever someones musical tastes don't fall in line with your own. Get a life.

this argument (like most of mine) is based on your ignorant and stupid comments, not your taste having anything to do with mine. i never even said i liked bloodbath did i? moron

Everytime I hear the acoustic intro solo of Pink Floyd 's Wish You Were Here, I'm amazed that was recorded in 1975.

Btw, the tone on RTC kicks serious ass. I'm trying to recreate it on my guitar, the electrical sawy sound is way too cool to not be able to play with.

metal_wrath said:
No but he did mention the anti-metal - limp bizkit, among other non metal bands which is funny considering his username dumbass. Also this is a metal forum, and this list is also very half thought-out and a pile of shit. so i say SHIT FAV LIST

Also Devin Townsend sucks.

If you want to hear some production check out NILE - Annihilation of the Wicked.:headbang:

so because theyre non-metal or 'anti-metal' they obviously have shitty production.... :rolleyes:

hey, since this is a production thread. if you guys want to hear a cool-sounding guitar tone, check out the new ephel duath. there are some quality e-card samples on earache.com. i've never heard anything like it. its like, a transparent grittiness...quite nice.

Man In Black said:
I'd have to say (Other than HAARHT) that that is the SYL album with the worst production. The guitars are muddy, and the drums are really... I don't know, the best word I can come up with to describe it is "cottony".
City (except for perhaps the kick) and definitely Alien are much much better.

Goes to show you there can be quite a range of opinions on "ideal" production. I tink that's the best sound Devin ever came up with. The drums are my favorite part of the whole thing, and the guitars are so thick. If i ever did a heavy album, i'd want it to sound just like that.