Alchemist

Zhou Tai 04

Apr 27, 2005
WI
I figured that since they don't have a forum on here and I don't think I've seen anyone talk about them, I'd make this thread. So far I only have Organasm and Austral Alien. What would you guys consider to be their best cd? From what I can tell from the reviews I've read, they're all pretty close. Oh, and since the videos on their site aren't working, here they are on Youtube.

First Contact
Solarburn
Alpha Capella Nova Vega (this one isn't on their site)

I've recommended Alchemist a number of times. They fucking rule. Their albums (in order of quality, imo):

1. Organasm
2. Lunasphere
3. Spiritech
4. Austral Alien

Also check out their "Eve of War" EP. The cover of the "Eve of War" is awesome!

I have only listened to bits and pieces of Jar of Kingdom, but its much more like Lunasphere than the latter 3 albums (i.e. heavier, death-like vocals and less synth overlays). Fantastic band and, as their name suggests, they have a very alchemic sound (the band describes themselves as psychadelic heavy metal). They use some pretty cool influences too, which range from psychadelic to aboriginal music.

I'd also compare their delivery, in particular Adam's vocals, to Primordial. Don't get me wrong, totally different bands, but I think if you enjoy newer Primordial, you could get into Alchemist.

Also, they rock live. Going to an Alchemist concert is like giving your ears the chance to orgasm. :)

Being an Aussie, I'm quite partial to Alchemist - and, in particular, Austral-Alien.

Whilst we're on the topic of Australian bands, whatever happened to Segression? They were one of the first metal bands I really got into - admittedly they may well be considered either of nu-metal or metalcore - but they were a great intro into metal for me. Led me onto Slayer and then Hypocrisy.