Alesis io 26 - has anyone used one?

The other Damian on here had one for awhile, though had some driver problems that motivated him to get a Saffire 56 to replace it...his username is Melodeath (or maybe Mel0death, can't remember), so try PM'ing him! (though he hasn't been on in awhile, so maybe email him via the link in his profile)

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.co...-26-Input-FireWire-Audio-Interface?sku=246031

Is there a catch here? $250 for firewire, 8 preamps, adat, etc...

It seems like a hell of a deal, has anyone used one?

Well, I thought about getting that when I was looking for a firewire interface, but I ended up getting Focusrite. Heard some good things about it, but either way you get what you pay for, the preamps aren't amazing and you might or might not end up having problems using it etc...

Basically what I've heard is what people say in their reviews behind your link at Musician's Friend. The features look great, though, and so does the unit. ADAT is great for expandability, and it's probably in there because Alesis invented ADAT in the first place, so they can just put it in any product they want.

Cool deal sopulurn, and thanks Marcus for the info. I'm probably just going to save up for a couple months and get a Profire 2626 so I can have the option to use pro tools (though simply for beat detective since Reaper fucking rules).

I had a few driver problems with mine on my laptop, but worked fine on my pc but with 512 mb ram and 1,6ghz I wasn't able to do much, just gonna sell it today (for 250 € used...).
Worked fine on the laptop of a friend so we recorded some stuff with it.