Alexander revisited

biloch

New Metal Member
Jun 23, 2005
Anyone seen this movie? I heard it was a huge improvement over the theatrical version so I checked it out, I was pretty much impressed, I'm glad that they decided to redo this movie and add in some of the extended battle scenes. The movie is a little longer but the pacing is much much better. The scenes have been put in a more chronological order, and the editing is alot better.

I liked the battle scenes, and Val Kilmer's scene chewing perfomance. It was still quite a bit of a let-down. I mean, this is Alexander were talking about here, and the script presented a somewhat underwhelming version of him; a man who possibly deified himself while living, and somehow convinced an army of 35-40,000 Greeks to transverse deserts and jungles for years on his quest.

I liked the battle scenes, and Val Kilmer's scene chewing perfomance. It was still quite a bit of a let-down. I mean, this is Alexander were talking about here, and the script presented a somewhat underwhelming version of him; a man who possibly deified himself while living, and somehow convinced an army of 35-40,000 Greeks to transverse deserts and jungles for years on his quest.

It's an imperfect rendering, for sure. I think the film is decent, but it fell way short of what I expected. Alexander is one of the most interesting characters of history and the movie could have been so much more. It never explored the events in his life that could help us understand how a young man could subjugate Greece and conquer the whole of the Persian Empire before he was much into his 30s. The complexity of the later Alexander, his relationship with Persia and himself was barely touched upon.

and Colin Farrell? I'm not sure if anyone has the Vim to play Alexander.