Alexi to be joined by 100 guitarists at Helsinki's Senate Square

that bloke who shredded that solo at the end should have sone all the leads. alexi was messy and out of key for most of it. dont blame him though. must have been nerve-racking as fuck.

Thrash guy is from Lost Society, decent modern thrash.

The youtube link was for the live translation, they should upload the video later by the looks of things.

except Timo Kämäräinen's part, love him anyway)
hell yeah he kicked some ass. I loved his lead the best.

I just realized they could've invited Roope to lead a section, that would've been even better :kickass:

^Starts at 37 mins. I checked the livestream on sunny grass.
I had doubts about that acoustic melody but it turned out to be the intro and quite nice.
That one riff starting 40:50 is so good, should've been on IWC.
The melody at 42:10 is good.
45:10 on is nice, great drumming.
Some solos are horrible, some have this nice bluesy(?) feeling.
45:50 this melody, why is it so familiar...?! Some 80's or early 90's epic stuff.
Maybe this will be recorded properly and have a name.

Sunny grass? Seems to have been the right decision - judging from all the comments on facebook, it was better to watch the livestream instead of being there without seeing or hearing anything.

Hehh, but you could watch the live stream again, and being there is another experience and you can't repeat it and will be a nice memory when you "accidentally" touched that blondy's boobs and others tramped your feet. ;) :D

Of course it would've been a great experience, would've been an overall awesome week anyway with Stig on Wednesday, a great Crazy World show yesterday, and Lauri Porra's show at Esplanade and this here today. But one can't have everything, so I'm more than happy with a decent sounding livestream. Despite the poor camera work^^

Hey guys !

God that was awesome ! It was my first experience on stage EVER and the stress before the show was terrible especially when I saw how crowded the square was, but damn, once we started playing all the stress just went away and I could totally live that moment... Just wow.. wow...

So now, as I'm a bit calmer and that I watched the video, I can tell you that this video sounds much better than how it did from my spot haha. We couldn't hear any solo nor the melodies, but all together it does really sound awesome.

And yes I was on the left side of the stage but how do you know that ? Did we talk together ? Or did I somehow posted something about my placement ?

Oh and about the thrash guys, Sami, I had never heard of his bad and I still don't know what it is, but he is a awesome guitarist and an even better human-being. I guess he deserves to be more known because now all the famous musicians are kind of huge assholes.

Your guitar is very noticeable (I think you posted your cover once), there even were a couple of closeups almost :) Alexi seemed nervous himself, I guess because he didn't know how it sounds. On the streamed it did sound well at least.
Here's Samy's band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PLS6n74Hyg

Oh true. My cover ^^ Well yeah I'm pretty happy about the place I got. I was a bit worried about being behind the speakers and amps, but it actually turned out pretty well except the few "weird" moves I made due to the stress ^^"

Don't worry mate, the place was packed it's a normal reaction to freak out. Next time take 2-3 shots of whiskey and you're set :kickass: