Alexis estate

<Arcane>

Jan 21, 2007
Germany
www.youtube.com
Soryy, if I come back with a topic like this, but can someone please explain to me how much the marketing department of Children of Bodom must have drunk to sign memorabilia and fan merchandise of Alexi and Children of Bodom with "Alexis Estate"?

Who in this world is interested in a signature of someone nobody knows, nobody knows what he/she does and who has absolutely nothing to do with Children of Bodom? Who is actually meant by "Alexis Estate"? His sister? His parents? Kim? That awful woman from Australia?

Someone must have come up with the idea that a signature (from whomever) will market a certain product better and ultimately generate higher sales.

This is absolutely nothing personal, but in my opinion this is the biggest marketing fail Children of Bodom has ever made.

What merchandise and memorabilia do you mean? Does the merchandise actually show the signature you refer to? I've only seen the FTR shirt that has a certificate of authenticity signed by the 3 COB guys.

Alexis Estate is, as far as I know, the sister and the parents. They would most likely pick someone (the sister I imagine) to be the representative of the estate and sign paperwork, etc.

Soryy, if I come back with a topic like this, but can someone please explain to me how much the marketing department of Children of Bodom must have drunk to sign memorabilia and fan merchandise of Alexi and Children of Bodom with "Alexis Estate"?

Who in this world is interested in a signature of someone nobody knows, nobody knows what he/she does and who has absolutely nothing to do with Children of Bodom? Who is actually meant by "Alexis Estate"? His sister? His parents? Kim? That awful woman from Australia?

Someone must have come up with the idea that a signature (from whomever) will market a certain product better and ultimately generate higher sales.

This is absolutely nothing personal, but in my opinion this is the biggest marketing fail Children of Bodom has ever made.
I kinda want to imagine Alexi's estate = sister, parents and not much more.
"That awful woman from Australia" thank god seems to have vanished and moved on with her life. Sadly, as if Alexi never happened though.

"That awful woman from Australia" thank god seems to have vanished and moved on with her life. Sadly, as if Alexi never happened though.
so why she and her daughter still use his last name ?

What merchandise and memorabilia do you mean? Does the merchandise actually show the signature you refer to? I've only seen the FTR shirt that has a certificate of authenticity signed by the 3 COB guys.

Alexis Estate is, as far as I know, the sister and the parents. They would most likely pick someone (the sister I imagine) to be the representative of the estate and sign paperwork, etc.
I mean, for example, that they sign pictures from their strikes and gutters series with Alexis estate's signature. I would rather not have a print of that than a print with a signature of someone whose signature has no place on it.

I mean, for example, that they sign pictures from their strikes and gutters series with Alexis estate's signature. I would rather not have a print of that than a print with a signature of someone whose signature has no place on it.
As i understand it’s just the certificate that gets signed, and not the actual photo print.

Sure I’d like to hang a picture of Finnish men wearing towels but if they’re signed by some estate lawyer, no thanks.

Reactions: Szeptu Cha
Here it says that it’s just the certificate that’s signed by the three Bodom guys and Anna on behalf of Alexis estate.

So not the photo print itself.

Alexi’s estate is Anna who is executor.

That is right, remarried and posts another ‘memory video’ every now and then where she tries to skew timelines for the sole purpose of hurting other women that have been in his life during the years and posts weird pictures of Alexi and her on Skype (who films a skype call? Like that proves ANYTHING) and pictures of him smelling her socks… All to get attention I guess.

Alexi’s estate is Anna who is executor.

That is right, remarried and posts another ‘memory video’ every now and then where she tries to skew timelines for the sole purpose of hurting other women that have been in his life during the years and posts weird pictures of Alexi and her on Skype (who films a skype call? Like that proves ANYTHING) and pictures of him smelling her socks… All to get attention I guess.
Omg that's disgusting! Where? :D

They are now selling three paintings with their handprints and autographs on the back.

This is the last Project they did before Alexi passed away according to the Newsletter.

Screenshot_20240327-133307.png

Screenshot_20240327-133316.png

Who's this guy?

"The idea to literally cut fabric from the Hate crew deathroll backdrop and turn it into a limited series of out-of-the-box art is the brainchild of the CoB fan and entrepreneur Joni Vastamäki (Waymkr)"

Seems like this is not working out as intended. Only the smallest painting has received multiple bids and reached the required price.

Im not really surprised. It would be cool to own an item with Alexis signature and handprint on it but I didnt feel Like CoB is a band where many hardcore fans can afford multiple thousand dollars for a painting.

Seems like this is not working out as intended. Only the smallest painting has received multiple bids and reached the required price.

Im not really surprised. It would be cool to own an item with Alexis signature and handprint on it but I didnt feel Like CoB is a band where many hardcore fans can afford multiple thousand dollars for a painting.

My thing is while I could afford it I can't justify spending that much money on something so large. I could find a wall to throw it up on, but it's a lot of money for something that's not really that interesting to me. Yes, it's cool art, and it's awesome that it's signed by the band I'd still prefer something a little smaller and more relevant to me, like even just some vinyl re-releases signed by the band, with or without Alexi's signature. I'd also be pretty interested in them just taking some concert footage or audio, fixing it up and turning it into live albums or DVDs.

I think what most fans want that obviously can't be sated is just to hear more from them, like live stuff. Hell, they should honestly go to a company and do a multi part documentary on the history of the band in great detail, from everyone who knew them willing to come in and say their parts. I'd buy the living fuck out of that, several times over. Nostalgia sells.

Reactions: COB-666 and Sany

They are now selling three paintings with their handprints and autographs on the back.

This is the last Project they did before Alexi passed away according to the Newsletter.

View attachment 35702

View attachment 35703
He looked better here than he ever did post-2015. Being 'alone' in Helsinki did him good I think.

My thing is while I could afford it I can't justify spending that much money on something so large. I could find a wall to throw it up on, but it's a lot of money for something that's not really that interesting to me. Yes, it's cool art, and it's awesome that it's signed by the band I'd still prefer something a little smaller and more relevant to me, like even just some vinyl re-releases signed by the band, with or without Alexi's signature. I'd also be pretty interested in them just taking some concert footage or audio, fixing it up and turning it into live albums or DVDs.

I think what most fans want that obviously can't be sated is just to hear more from them, like live stuff. Hell, they should honestly go to a company and do a multi part documentary on the history of the band in great detail, from everyone who knew them willing to come in and say their parts. I'd buy the living fuck out of that, several times over. Nostalgia sells.
They should do a documentary, maybe include never seen bts/tour-footage. Maybe invite other friends and family from Alexi to share some anecdotes. Keep it positive, no drama. Release it via Youtube, I wouldn't even mind turning off my ad block for those guys. Never met them personally but I know they are super nice and deserve it.