Rrrrr sound/noise with guitar...??!?

LoPE

New Metal Member
Oct 22, 2003
Finland
Does anyone know how, for example Alexi Laiho, does the "Rrr" sound with his guitar??!? this "Rrr" sound/noise comes in Kissing the shadows at 3.28, and in children of bodom at 3.10. If someone knows how to do it, please help me..!!!

I´m sorry, but I´m from Finland and I don´t know what whammy bar is in finnish... so could someone explain it to me??!

Reactions: Thilo
. a tremolo bar?......I am not so sure if the rrr is by the whammy/tremolo... but whatever. But still for your info this is what a whammy looks like
whammy.jpg

this is attached with the bridge and is the most powerful sound altering tool...when pushed down or pulled it changes the position of the bridge altering the pitch of the notes. you can find these normally on steve vai guitars. http://www.collectguitars.com/StarsCollection/Vai.html

hope this helps...

Reactions: Thilo
if it is what i think it is it is hammer-ons betweent frets and using the trem-bar lowering it and reseting it rapidly. i will check out the specific part when i get home.

...could someone put here a video where someone teaches how to do this "Rrr" sound??
..or a link to some site where is good teaching stuff of this "Rrr" sound thing??!?

ok, just to clear it alllllll up, i found a good page for this Rrrr Sound. here it is,

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/sami_anttila/tricks.html

its in English and Finnish too so you can read it too Lope. the effect is called Shaking Notes 2, and there is a short sound clip of what it should sound like, and also a tablature description of the trick. hope this helps, and check out the other ones too.

Reactions: Sympozium
ofcourse these pages will help you. But dude find some guitarist guy near your place. And see it...nothing like learning from a tutor. Will be much easier...

which one the child, my link or the others, i personally think mine explains exactly what Lope is talking about, it even has a god damn sound file to make sure its the right one. my link owns all the others. RRRRRAAAAAWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRR

The Child Of Bodom said:
It's yours bobvex that's why I'm so bothered !
Just go to Yahoo!
and type in "My Guitar Tricks"
that should get it for you

I dont have the CD on me right now, but if its what I think it is I can help.

Its called a vibrato arm "flutter", basically, you can only do this with a floyd rose-style trem thats floating(in other words, you can pull up on the bar too). Basically what you do is put a little pressure on the bar and let your hand slide off, giving it a little "flick". Picture your index finger is the bar, take your other index finger and place it around the 2nd joint and press down a little and slide off the tip of your finger...notice how your finger kind of "vibrates" a little? Thats how it gets the "warbling" sound, from the bridge vibrating really fast. You'll need to mute the other strings you arent playing tho, or else you might get some of the other strings ringing out. It takes some practice to be able to do it like Alexi does, but its a cool effect.

Steve Vai does it a lot too.