COB sound with Guitar Rig 2?

shumik

May 24, 2006
In Guitar Rig 2 - the closest preset to the sound of Children of Bodom that I could discover is Splitodisto. This is a question to the people who also use this software for their distortion needs. Do you guys have a better preset that sound more like COB? If so, please share.
Thanks!

i have never tried to get the cob sound but i am sure it is possible
and for sure it will be a custom prest :p

alexi's sound is nothing special, I dont know why people obsess over it. Its just mildly distorted tube driven sound with plenty of mids and not alot of low end.

that sounds he uses for the vivaldi part of passage to the reaper is fukking ownage, how to reach that?

It also depends on your guitar/pick ups. A preset that sounds good for 1 guitar can sound like shit with another guitar. There were some presets that I liked, but none of em were really my sound, so I made my own preset :)

yah his guitar tone sounds horrable. it sounds like a wet fart. and it sounds even worse live. i really wish he would start using a better amp because i really think the albums would sound 10 times better without those shitty jackson lees or whatever they are. he said in an interview that hes really happy with the tone and doesnt ever want to change it, and that just made me sad.

his equipment is killer! his pickup is shit...
and because of that it doesn't matter what he will do with his equipment the basic sound that comes out from the guitar is shit so all the work that hapens in the chasin is shit too.
its simple: guitar=>toys=>sound (toys-equipment)
shit = shit in=>shit out.