Alexi's top 5 Essential Virtuosos cd's

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
Alexi's top 5 cd's according to his interview recently with guitar world.

1.STEVE VAI- passion and warfare
2.Ozzy Osbourne-Tribute
3.Pantera-Vulgar Display of Power
4.Racer X Live extreme, Volume 1
5.Black Label Society-The blessed hellride.

Check this shit out if you like heavy guitar skilled music.

Virtuoso - having or revealing supreme mastery or skill

Virtuoso - a musician who is a consummate master of technique and artistry

Virtuoso - A performer on some instrument, as the violin, the piano or the guitar, who excels in the technical part of his art; a brilliant concert player.

Don't know why I wrote that...........

Vai and Gilbert are virtuoses... Vai moreso than Gilbert... None of Ozzy's guitarists have ever been virtuosos, and Dimebag... just because he died doesn't mean we have to pretend he reached a level of mastery on the guitar.. same goes for Rhoads... not to be a dick or anything.. I'm just saying.... and I'm allowed to have an opinion just like YOU AND YOU AND YOU AND YOU!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!! :err:

AlexiLiimatainen said:
Dimebag is not a virtuoso, neither was Randy really. Zakk maybe, even though I don't like music.

don't like music? well then you should probably get back to that amazingly exciting life you lead, that doesn't require the enjoyment of music. :wave:

AlexiLiimatainen said:
Dimebag is not a virtuoso, neither was Randy really. Zakk maybe, even though I don't like music.

I like you, and respect you, but that comment was a piece of shit and you know it.

Dimebag dead or alive is one the greatest heavy metal guitarists, he innovated a style he made shit exciting, I think the amount of guitarists that have him as their influences (Laiho included) shows that he was an incredibly respected and talented musician. Randy Rhoads didn't have the chance to fulfil his potential, but my fucking word was he amazing.

LazyGuitar said:
Dimebag dead or alive is one the greatest heavy metal guitarists, he innovated a style he made shit exciting, I think the amount of guitarists that have him as their influences (Laiho included) shows that he was an incredibly respected and talented musician. Randy Rhoads didn't have the chance to fulfil his potential, but my fucking word was he amazing.
agreed...Randy Rhoads IMO is the greatest guitarist of the 80s and is indeed a virtuoso...and to anyone who doubts the skills of Zakk Wylde they can just kiss my ass because Zakk is an incredibly talented guitarist...all of Ozzy's guitarists were amazing including Jake E. Lee...Bark at the Moon has to be one of the most badass tunes ever

BoDoM0311 said:
agreed...Randy Rhoads IMO is the greatest guitarist of the 80s and is indeed a virtuoso...

Ok, that's just plain silly. There were SO many fucking good shredders in the 80's, SO many who could really play a good solo, that if you really believe Rhoads compares you're just stupid. Keep in mind that that era included the recent G3 tour (Vai, Yngwie, Satch) Eric Johnson, Jason Becker, Marty Friedman (no, his stuff with Megadeth wasn't a great sample), Paul Gilbert, Alex Skolnik, Eddie Van Halen...really, greatest of the 80's is overdoing it. I don't consider him much better than say, Alexi Laiho himself. His work is just cannonized because he died. Similar to Jaco, except Jaco completely deserved it.

Ok, if it really makes you happy...

IMO, Rhoads is, IMO, a very overrated guitarist. IMO. And IMO, people who say he's the best ever are thinking, IMO, more about the fact that he died than his actual guitarplaying, IMO. IMO, in the 80's, IMO there were very many better than him, such as Becker, Gilbert, Malmsteen, Satriani, Vai, etc. IMO.

The phrase is VERY redundant, even if only used it once.