Alice Cooper, Motorhead & Joan Jett

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
I think I'll be purchasing a ticket for this concert. Never seen Alice or Joan Jett but I reckon it should rock like sin. Right enough, it would have been loads better if they boot Joan Jett off and get Girlschool on:headbang: .

Alice Cooper is teaming up with Motorhead and Joan Jett to play Sheffield Hallam Hall November 6, Glasgow SECC 7, Newcastle Metro Arena 9, Birmingham NEC 10, Nottingham Arena 11, Brighton Centre 13, Bournemouth BIC 14, Cardiff Arena 16, London Wembley Arena 17, Manchester MEN 18.

I'll be attending the Brum gig for sure! And hey, point of order.............Joan Jett ain't a bad act at all (I also had the honour of seeing her when she was in The Runaways). Girlschool on the other hand, are not a shadow of what they used to be, if their performance at Napton Festival last September is anything to go by!

Joan Jett's alright and a damn sight better than some of the recent support bands I've seen but the mighty Girlschool are actually even better live than what they were like in the mid 80s. I've seen Girlschool loads of times and they have always been tremendous and the last time I saw them was when they supported Motorhead about a year and a half ago and they rocked that Carling Academy INSANE. In fact, they blew Motorhead right off the stage:p

I'm not arguing with you Princes, I can only assume that the reason for their lacklustre performance in September was the fact that they seemed to be pretty ratarsed having spent most of the day on the piss! :kickass:

That aside, I'm looking forward to November now! :headbang:

Yeah it will be a great concert Philth. I might not get tickets straight away though cos Alice Cooper is a morning DJ on Planetrock, so they'll have loads of tickets to give away., so with any luck I might win a ticket and that'll save me buying one:) . Hey I might even get a backstage pass - not really all that fussed meeting Alice Cooper, its Lemmy I want to get up close and personal with. Have you ever met him?? How many times you seen Motorhead?

I first saw Mr Cooper way back on the Welcome To My Nightmare tour in Dortmund (think it was about '75), last saw him at Monsters last year.....one hell of a showman. I've seen Motorhead several times, all of which I enjoyed immensely. Good luck with the ticket blagging!

Yeah it will be a great concert Philth. I might not get tickets straight away though cos Alice Cooper is a morning DJ on Planetrock, so they'll have loads of tickets to give away., so with any luck I might win a ticket and that'll save me buying one:) . Hey I might even get a backstage pass - not really all that fussed meeting Alice Cooper, its Lemmy I want to get up close and personal with. Have you ever met him?? How many times you seen Motorhead?

"We're not worthy!" :worship: