Alice In Chains

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
Any other fans here? Contrary to popular belief, AIC were NOT just another grunge band. If fact, they were the most metallic of all the Seattle shit. I've always been a huge AIC fan. Layne (RIP) was an amzing singer, and his voice matched his haunting lyrics perfectly. And Jerry! Awesome guitar player. I loved the harmoines he did with Layne, not very common at the time they hit it big. Some favorite songs: Man In the Box, We Die Young, Rain When I Die, What The Hell Have I, Angry Chair, Junkhead, ect...

I loved their first 2 albums, and yes they were very metallic compared to the rest. I saw them live on the Clash of the Titans tour, and considering whom they were playing with(and the crowds consistant chant of Slayer) they were very good

One of my most favorite bands EVER! I love everything they did. Putting them in one category with typical grunge bands was bullshit. They were always more Black Sabbath-like. BS on heroin :) Layne Staley was one of the most distinctive vocalists ever and I miss him a lot. I went to see the reunion show, it was good, but it's not what it used to be.

johnnieCzech said:
One of my most favorite bands EVER! I love everything they did. Putting them in one category with typical grunge bands was bullshit. They were always more Black Sabbath-like. BS on heroin :) Layne Staley was one of the most distinctive vocalists ever and I miss him a lot. I went to see the reunion show, it was good, but it's not what it used to be.

one of my favorite bands, as well.
i always felt the that only reason they were called 'grunge' and then later 'alternative' [when the word 'grunge' was no longer fashionable] was because they came out of Seattle.
had Boxcar Willie came out of Seattle at that time he would have been called 'grunge.' :Smug:

AinC's sound was always so much darker and intense... completely sick and wonderful!

i have tickets to see them in Myrtle Beach, SC on October 20th. i dont expect it to be the same without Layne [R.I.P], but i'm still excited about seeing this show.

Oblivious Maximus said:
I've heard fairly good stuff about their shows with the new guy. But I'm still iffy about going to see it. It's great they're still doing their thing, but Layne can never be replaced. One of the best singers ever.

if Layne was the only reason you were into the band, then this show probably wont do much for you.

i miss Layne. those vox and those tortured lyrics wont ever be equaled, but life goes on and AinC was more than just Layne. Jerry Cantrell is an amazing guitarist and i think Mike Inez is one of the best bassists out there. Sean Kinney, also amazing.

i'm looking forward to it and i'll give this new guy a fair chance.

SueNC said:
if Layne was the only reason you were into the band, then this show probably wont do much for you.

i miss Layne. those vox and those tortured lyrics wont ever be equaled, but life goes on and AinC was more than just Layne. Jerry Cantrell is an amazing guitarist and i think Mike Inez is one of the best bassists out there. Sean Kinney, also amazing.

I wasn't into AIC just cause of Layne. All the guys were awesome at what they did.

SueNC said:

I wasn't into AIC just cause of Layne. All the guys were awesome at what they did.

Oblivious Maximus said:

but just because of Layne, you're 'iffy' about seeing this show?

you should go! it might completely suck, but then again, it might be great. you just wont know until you check it out.

SueNC said:
but just because of Layne, you're 'iffy' about seeing this show?

you should go! it might completely suck, but then again, it might be great. you just wont know until you check it out.
I still dont even fucking know if they're playin in my area. I never checked out the dates or shit. I'm weird when it comes to shit like this.

I can't believe they are replacing Layne with some asshole scumbag fuckup, Layne was AIC and there is no replacements. I want to say fuck Jerry C for restarting this band with some asshole lame ass fuckbag.

Alteredmindeath said:
I can't believe they are replacing Layne with some asshole scumbag fuckup, Layne was AIC and there is no replacements. I want to say fuck Jerry C for restarting this band with some asshole lame ass fuckbag.

if i were you, i'd teach them a lesson! i wouldnt go see the show! :Smug: