Alice in Chains

raccyd

Nov 27, 2002
dorset, england
www.theflashers.tk
anyone here an alice in chains fan? i think they rock- i have the album dirt and i love it- it's soooooo good.

was also wondering if anyone had any of the jerry cantrell solo albums- have heard a couple of songs off the latest one- degradation trip but was wondering if it was good. And has it been released as a double album or something- with a part 2- is it worth getting that rather than the single one?

what do you reckon id the best alice in chains album?? i'm sure they are all incredible but i only have Dirt- any recommendations?

layne RIP

One of my favorite bands. I really like Alice in Chains. Everyone should listen to A.I.C.
Best band to come out of the "grunge" scene. I really wish they could of done one more album. RIP Layne Staley.

Alice In Chains (are/were) wonderful. Layne's voice was ripped off by so many shitty vocalists (Godsmack, Puddle Of Mudd to name a few...).

It's a shame about Layne, but it was hardly a suprise. He looked worse and worse everytime I saw him, and near the end he looked like a fuckin' corpse.

AiC are by far one of the best 5 bands to come out of the 90s. Dirt is my favorite, but Jar of Flies is a close second. Both of Jerry Cantrell's solo albums are awesome, Degradation Trip is my favorite album of 2002. I haven't heard anything about a double album...? I think it was originally supposed to be one, but ended up being a single album. Not sure though. RIP Layne Staley.

Alice In Chains are a very underated band bands like pearl jam sold more but thats because they were polished. Alice In Chains were grunge as it was meant to be raw in your face but fragile and introspective.

Originally posted by kollex
Alice In Chains are a very underated band bands like pearl jam sold more but thats because they were polished. Alice In Chains were grunge as it was meant to be raw in your face but fragile and introspective.
80s metal combined with something new.

Anybody ever hear the old Alice in Chains, as in the Alice 'N Chainz days? 80s glam rock, but good 80s glam rock.

I'm a huge fan of Alice in Chains..have all their albums and the Box Set...they were one of the most killer bands to ever walk this earth. Hands down my favorite band of the Seattle grunge scene..I'm also very much into Jerry Cantrell's solo albums.

I love this band!One of the first bands I ever got really hooked on.Anyone else love the self-titled album?Most seem to hate it but I love it for what it is: a complete mind-fuck and trip through some weirdo hell.

I hated the self-titled AiC for years and years, took me almost 5 years to get into it, now I love it, but Dirt will always be my favorite.

Alice in Chains IS and always will be my favorite band. They've never written a song I didn't like. Layne Staley is my favorite vocalist ever, Jerry Cantrell being my favorite guitarist. I could talk about them for hours and hours on end.

Jerry Cantrell has three CD's out, one of which being a double CD. Boggy Depot, Degredation Trip, and Degredation Trip volumes one and two.

Mike Starr (First bassist) had a side project called "Sun Red Sun". They've since broken up...

Mike Inez and Sean Kinney went on to another project called Spys 4 Darwin. I haven't heard them yet.

Layne did side projects with the Class of 99, and Mad Season called "Above"...another one of my favorite CD's. He also did a song with a local Seattle band called "Second Coming".

Okay, I'm done. lol

My favorite album IS the self-titled one. I can listen to it non-stop to this day. I think Alice In Chains was just about the only band to come out of that whole "grunge" scene that I actually liked. I remember seeing "Man in the Box" on MTV's "Headbanger's Ball" (shortly before they canned that damn show) and just going "whoa, this is freakin' me out!". KILLER music. I'll join the crowd...R.I.P Layne.

i don't reckon AIC were the only good band out of the grunge scene- i really like soundgarden and pearl jam are good too but can get a bit much at times, i only really like their debut. oh, and temple of the dog- very very very good album- anyone a fan??

Originally posted by Loco Bahamut
I'm glad I aint the only one who liked the self-titled album.You can easily tell that there was heavy drug use during that album.

LOL..I don't mean to quote metallica during their beginning downfall years but..SAD BUT TRUE!!