Alive in Athens DVD

Blind Wrath

Wrath Unleashed
Sep 14, 2002
El Salvador
Visit site
:headbang::headbang::headbang::kickass::kickass:

From Blabbermouth:

According to Amazon.com and Century Media Records' official release schedule, a new ICED EARTH DVD, entitled "Alive in Athens", is slated for release on October 31. The set is believed to contain video footage recorded during the band's 1999 two-night appearance at at the Rodon Club in Athens, Greece which previously resulted in a two-disc live CD of the same name. More information will be made available soon.

As previously reported, ICED EARTH recently officially launched the search for a new bassist. All interested parties are encouraged to send their bio packs to ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer's store at the following address:

Jon Schaffer
Spirit of 76 Collectibles, Inc.
1728 17th St
Columbus, IN 47448

ICED EARTH in late June announced the addition of Elkton, MD guitarist Ernie Carletti to the group's ranks.

Mastering his craft beyond 19 years and teaching guitar lessons to 100 students weekly in excess of 16 years, Carletti is equally versed in styles such as classical and jazz but his first love is heavy metal "shredding."

The central figure of ICED EARTH is guitarist and songwriter Jon Schaffer, who originally formed the band as PURGATORY in 1984. Though the band has undergone numerous lineup changes since its inception, Schaffer has remained steadfast in his passion to thrash.

Schaffer is currently working on a concept album based on the "Something Wicked This Way Comes" story that first appeared on ICED EARTH's 1998 album of the same name. A 2007 release is expected.

ICED EARTH's last release was the "Gettysburg (1863)" DVD, which came out in June 2005. The main program, a CGI-rendered video presentation of the epic "Gettysburg" trilogy from 2004's acclaimed album "The Glorious Burden", drew praise from fans and media alike. The DVD was also reportedly being used as a teaching tool in several high schools across the country.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=57379

Since its a release by CM and Jon is no longer there, I question the quality of it. Why didn't Jon and CM release this years ago?

Anyhoo, I am still geeked like a 12 year old school girl finding out that Justin Timberlake has a new album out!

Iced Ray said:
Since its a release by CM and Jon is no longer there, I question the quality of it. Why didn't Jon and CM release this years ago?
I didn't consider the CM factor, but I did wonder why Jon waited till now. I'm sure if he has issues with it's quality and CM is releasing this against his wishes, he won't be shy about letting us know. Regardless, even if it is of lesser quality, I still want it. Hell, I'd buy a Barlow bootleg of a U.S. show on VHS. So CM releasing the AiA show on DVD? No-brainer.

Zod

General Zod said:
I didn't consider the CM factor, but I did wonder why Jon waited till now. I'm sure if he has issues with it's quality and CM is releasing this against his wishes, he won't be shy about letting us know. Regardless, even if it is of lesser quality, I still want it. Hell, I'd buy a Barlow bootleg of a U.S. show on VHS. So CM releasing the AiA show on DVD? No-brainer.

Zod

Zod, you sound like me when it comes to Savatage! I'd buy a bootleg of a Savatage show if I could get my hands on one!

As for Iced Earth, I'm not a huge fan, but I want to check this out for sure.

edgeofthorns said:
Zod, you sound like me when it comes to Savatage! I'd buy a bootleg of a Savatage show if I could get my hands on one!
Yeah... I'm a unabashed fanboy. Iced Earth and Nevermore are my two favorite bands, and Barlow is my 2nd favorite vocalist of all time (Tate is 1st).

Zod

General Zod said:
Yeah... I'm a unabashed fanboy. Iced Earth and Nevermore are my two favorite bands, and Barlow is my 2nd favorite vocalist of all time (Tate is 1st).

Zod

It's a shame that Barlow doesn't at least do a side project or two, but maybe he'll come back around someday.

I've never seen Barlow live, so I'm looking forward to this one! The only disappointment is that this was before "Horror Show", so I won't get to hear Barlow sing 'Dracula'.

Steve in Philly

I am looking forward to this, hopefully it will be the full 3 cd show on the dvd.

DarkOne said:
I've never seen Barlow live, so I'm looking forward to this one! The only disappointment is that this was before "Horror Show", so I won't get to hear Barlow sing 'Dracula'.
One of my ten favorite songs of all-time. Luckily I got to see this performed twice; in NYC (@ The World) and Philly (@ the Troc).

Zod

Finally!! One of the greatest bands out there deserves to be seen as well as heard......I'd easily rank AiA as one of the greatest live discs ever, so it'll be nice to actually see the show.

Barlow is too damned talented to shelve his singing career completely......I predict he'll resurface somehow or other. (at least I'm praying he does!!!!)