All girl band that I mixed.

Scissors61

Jul 18, 2007
Brighton, UK
www.myspace.com
One of my friends is in an all girl band, and they recorded a couple of tracks with someone else close by and then couldn't really afford for the guy to mix it, so asked me if I would give it a go.

It's been pretty tricky for me as it's not exactly the sort of thing that I'm used to working with, plus I'm also not used to mixing things that other people have tracked.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2069725/Wrong.mp3

Cheeeers in advance. :)

Nice surprise. I know this makes me an ass but when you said all girl band I thought I was about to click on total crap. :p Sounds like it was recorded well. Only part that stands out to me that could use more work is the vox. I'd thicken the vox up a bit and during the spoken type part I would process differently as it just seems out of place the whispers are good though. Also the part the fades back in after it sounds like something weird is happening like it goes too loud and then is all of a sudden cut back down. Overall sounds really good though. I dig the guitars the most.

Dude this sounds pretty damn good hey, well done! Music isn't bad either. I agree with I am the Fury, vocals need to go down like a dB, or maybe just automated a tad.

Pretty good stuff! The vocals can be brought down a couple of 3-6 dB' s indeed, and they sound somewhat dry so a tad of reverb/delay wouldn't do no harm :) I think that the guitars are a little harsh sounding on the high-mids. The snare is drowning under the rest of the instruments from time to time, could use a little more ' snap' imo. And the low-end from the kickdrum is pretty overpowering if you ask me, do a high pass around 50-60 hz. (This is what Slate also advices to his samples)

Furthermore you did a stellar job! Hope this helps you