All hail the mighty Metal Church!

DrillSergeant

Nov 14, 2003
Bavaria, Germany
Visit site
Well, not sure if anybody can still remember JonnyD's signature with the Metal Church quote. Well, I can cause I liked that particular quote so much that I checked out more of their lyrics on the internet. That re-sparked my interest in the band and finally made me pick up The Human Factor. Well, what can I say? That album literally blew me away. Awesome! Just awesome! :headbang: I really got into them and bought Hanging In The Balance and their live album just the other day. Brilliant stuff as well. Why the hell is he telling us you might ask. Dunno either. I guess, I just wanted to voice my opinion on one of the most underrated bands of the whole scene. Can't understand why they stayed kind of forgotten and ignored. Just listen to Mike Howe's performance. Jesus, he is one of THE rock singers IMHO. Incredible voice, really. :worship: Does anyone know what this guy is up to these days?
Oh, just one more thing: Can anybody fill me in on what to expect of Masterpeace? I heard so many people rip it to shreds. Is it really that bad?

Sarge welcome to the official Metal Church Club. Dues are $100 a post. Please make your check out to me. I'll teach you the secret handshake as well. >:p~ In all seriousness, that band didn't put out a bad CD. Please tell me you have "blessing in Disguise" as well. That is their masterpiece, though the production could be better.

On a different note, you might be up for some Tad Morose. I am recruiting a TM army and you seem like a good candidate.

Bryant

Bryant said:
On a different note, you might be up for some Tad Morose. I am recruiting a TM army and you seem like a good candidate.
Bryant
:lol: ;)

Masterpeace isn't that bad, it has some good songs like "They Signed in Blood", still Howe's era was much more brilliant to me.

Damn, I banged my head nearly off with MC's "Ton of bricks" at Aardschock festival, somewhere in the 80's...(one of my fav concerts that was, also Venom , Metallica and I believe Crimson Glory...)

hahhahaha I'm glad I could help inspire you to listen to Metal Fucking Church Again Sarge! Get Masterpeace! I love it! Have I ever steered you wrong?! :D and yes Mike Howe is incredible he one of my allllllllllllllllll time favorite singers! what i last heard about Mike was he has a family and stuff and is living in one of the southern states cant remember which one tho .......... and if you dont have Blessing in Disguise yet you must imedeatly go to Any motherfucking record store and get it NOW! :loco:

"Blessing" is definetly in my the top 100 metal albums of all time. Check out the album Howe did with Heretic ("Breaking Point") before joining MC.... A good album that gets over looked.

Bryant said:
Sarge welcome to the official Metal Church Club. Dues are $100 a post. Please make your check out to me. I'll teach you the secret handshake as well. >:p~ .

Bryant
Don't listen to him. There's all these extra fees you have to pay, like viewing tax, listening tax, breathing tax..he's a shyster, don't fall for it!!! He owns my mom's house!!! HE OWNS MY MOM!!!!

METAL CHURCH Finalize 'The Weight Of The World' Track Listing, Announce More Tour Dates - May 16, 2004

The current incarnation of METAL CHURCH — guitarists Kurdt Vanderhoof and Jay Reynolds (ex-MALICE), vocalist Ronny Munroe (ex-ROTTWEILLER), drummer Kirk Arrington and bassist Steve Unger — have finalized the track listing for the follow-up to 1999's "Masterpeace", entitled "The Weight of the World" (view cover here http://www.metalchurch.com/graphics/wotw.jpg ), tentatively due this summer. It is as follows:

01. Leave Them Behind (5:45)
02. Weight Of The World (5:21)
03. Hero's Soul (4:42)
04. Madman's Overture (8:34)
05. Sunless Sky (5:26)
06. Cradle To Grave (5:54)
07. Wings Of Tomorrow (6:16)
08. Time Will Tell (5:08)
09. Bomb To Drop (4:04)
10. Blood Money (5:06)

Upcoming METAL CHURCH tour dates:

May 18 - Dante's Inferno - Portland, OR
May 20 - Tropical Tides - Tacoma, WA
May 21 - Conan's - Portland, OR
May 22 - Studio Seven - Seattle
May 28 – Rock Hard Festival – Gelsenkirchen, GER
Jun. 05 - BW&BK 6-Pack Weekend - Cleveland, OH
Jun. 19 - Jimmy Z's - Everett, WA
Jun. 24 - The Boardwalk - Orangevale, CA
Jun. 25 - The Pound - San Francisco, CA
Jun. 26 - The Time Out - Concord, CA

I really hate to say it but I agree with sixx it will prolly be a great record but not a great Metal Church record more like another Kurdt solo project ...... but ya never know I could be wrong :D

That is Very True Fang but to an extent it might be hard to listen to it as a MC Album without Wells or Ericson or Wayne/Howe .....tho I can totally see why he wouldnt go back to Wayne hes a P.o.s. ..... I will Buy the New MC of course! And I'm sure that they will blow me away hahahahha I hope :D

JonnyD said:
That is Very True Fang but to an extent it might be hard to listen to it as a MC Album without Wells or Ericson or Wayne/Howe .....tho I can totally see why he wouldnt go back to Wayne hes a P.o.s. ..... I will Buy the New MC of course! And I'm sure that they will blow me away hahahahha I hope :D
Yep I want to give them another chance, I'll check this sound samples on their website first, I'm curious about the new singer.

And I'm pretty sure that when MC recruited Mike Howe, people said that it would never be the same without Wayne ;)

JonnyD said:
That is Very True Fang but to an extent it might be hard to listen to it as a MC Album without Wells or Ericson or Wayne/Howe
I agree. Not Howe, not Erikson, not Wells or Marshall. For which I care the album could have come as Vanderhoof and not MC. :erk:

Bryant said:
Please tell me you have "blessing in Disguise" as well. That is their masterpiece, though the production could be better.
Nope, don't have it yet. Sucks big time especially because that's the one I'm interested in the most. The problem is that over here in Germany you can't just walk into a CD store and pull it out from the shelves. It's available only as an import which is quite expensive. But I will add it to my next mailorder haul. That's for sure.

JonnyD said:
hahhahaha I'm glad I could help inspire you to listen to Metal Fucking Church Again Sarge! Get Masterpeace! I love it! Have I ever steered you wrong?!
No, never ever! :worship: :lol: I just hope I can return the favour one day. Maybe with the Sodom thread?
JonnyD said:
.......... and if you dont have Blessing in Disguise yet you must imedeatly go to Any motherfucking record store and get it NOW! :loco:
Like I said above, I will have it on my next mailorder list. But I'm not willing to pay more in the store than I have to. I should receive some kind of quantity discount for loyal customers. Instead I get stupid looks everytime when standing at the counter. Like the clerk wants to shout something like "Look what this looney is buying!" :err:

Greeno said:
"Blessing" is definetly in my the top 100 metal albums of all time. Check out the album Howe did with Heretic ("Breaking Point") before joining MC.... A good album that gets over looked.
Thanks for the recommendation. I will keep it in mind!