David Wayne formerly of Metal Church dies... R.I.P.

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Original METAL CHURCH frontman David Wayne has passed away. According to the webmaster of the David Wayne's Metal Church web site, "we are unclear as to actually what happened. We are putting together an official press release and will post that out as soon as we get it done."

Wayne sang on METAL CHURCH's first two classic offerings (1984's "Metal Church" and 1986's "The Dark") before leaving the group and being replaced by Mike Howe. Wayne subsequently teamed up with members of HERETIC members to form REVEREND, with whom he released two full-length albums and a couple of EPs. He eventually rejoined METAL CHURCH in time for the 1999 reunion album, "Masterpeace". A "solo" album (under the WAYNE banner), entitled "Metal Church" followed in 2001.
----

Sad news indeed. A great fucking singer. The first two Metal Church albums are legendary. Wayne will be missed. R.I.P. brother.

THis was all too sudden. I really liked his performance on The Dark, too.

RIP bro. Hope you're up there rockin' out with Dimebag...

Like everyone else I'm in shock.

Here is an update:

http://davidwaynesmetalchurch.com/Press Release.htm

Press Release

David Wayne’s Metal Church

May 10, 2005

On behalf of David Wayne’s Metal Church, we would like to express our deepest sorrow in the passing of our Metal Brother, David Wayne. This is not only a loss for us as a band and his family, but also millions of “Metal Heads” throughout the world. David died due to complications from injuries he sustained in a head-on automobile accident several months ago.

David Wayne was the patented scratchy vocals of several Metal Church albums and was in the process of returning to the metal scene with his new band lineup. His goal was to return to the sounds of Metal Church’s albums released in 1984 and 1986. We will always remember the burning words and vocals in “Gods of Wrath,” “Watch the Children Pray,” and “Start the Fire.” David and his current band had just completed several new songs and were ready to head to the recording studio after their European tour dates this summer.

Along with David’s family and friends, we would ask that cards, letters, and flowers be sent to the below address. Additionally, donations are being accepted to help David’s family with funeral expenses.

David Wayne's Memorial Fund
C/O Verna Schielling
1217 North 57 th Court
Ridgefield, WA 98642

Wow. This is so sudden. Two weeks ago, the wrestling world was shocked by the sudden and out of the blue passing of Chris Candido, and now the metal world is going through the same thing with David Wayne. Wow. I don't know if i can handle these sudden deaths anymore!

RIP, David. You were one of the greats.

That's a shame....The 1st two Metal Church albums are GREAT!!!
R.I.P.

TheGraveDigger said:
Original METAL CHURCH frontman David Wayne has passed away. According to the webmaster of the David Wayne's Metal Church web site, "we are unclear as to actually what happened. We are putting together an official press release and will post that out as soon as we get it done."

Wayne sang on METAL CHURCH's first two classic offerings (1984's "Metal Church" and 1986's "The Dark") before leaving the group and being replaced by Mike Howe. Wayne subsequently teamed up with members of HERETIC members to form REVEREND, with whom he released two full-length albums and a couple of EPs. He eventually rejoined METAL CHURCH in time for the 1999 reunion album, "Masterpeace". A "solo" album (under the WAYNE banner), entitled "Metal Church" followed in 2001.
----

Sad news indeed. A great fucking singer. The first two Metal Church albums are legendary. Wayne will be missed. R.I.P. brother.

Terrible news. Another young metal legend gone. A very sad day indeed. Those first two MC releases are classics. They will be played quite a bit in the next few days. R.I.P.

Damn! Very sad news indeed! I loved the first Metal Church album I used to have it
on vinyl! Many nights while I was in high school I'd jam to it 2 to 3 times that night!!
RIP David may you join the "Gods Of Wrath". So long my metal brother HAIL!!!

sixxswine said:
HAHAHAHA. You're very funny. I might scope out his site in the cemetary & pay my respects, like I did at the site of Hendrix's...

ya gotta have a small amount of Respectful humor makes it easier ... Thats cool I would like to go to florida to see Criss Oliva's site one day just to show respect ... but I did mean that in the most serious sense to a certain extent hahaha when you scope the site part of you will be doing it as one of us! .... shit you might have to start ignoring me now Been awake for 26 or 30 hours :yuk: