Original METAL CHURCH Singer David Wayne Dies

suela

Oct 1, 2002
Original METAL CHURCH frontman David Wayne has passed away. According to the webmaster of the David Wayne's Metal Church web site, "we are unclear as to actually what happened. We are putting together an official press release and will post that out as soon as we get it done."

Wayne sang on METAL CHURCH's first two classic offerings (1984's "Metal Church" and 1986's "The Dark") before leaving the group and being replaced by Mike Howe. Wayne subsequently teamed up with members of HERETIC members to form REVEREND, with whom he released two full-length albums and a couple of EPs. He eventually rejoined METAL CHURCH in time for the 1999 reunion album, "Masterpeace". A "solo" album (under the WAYNE banner), entitled "Metal Church" followed in 2001.

R.I.P. David.

I love the first two Metal Church albums. In fact, "The Dark" was a really big album for me when it came out, I bought that right about the same time as "Reign In Blood" and I listened to those two albums on constant play for a while, and I think it really had an impact on myself and my guitar playing. I never met David Wayne and in fact I never got to see Metal Church play ever, which is a shame. Sorry to hear about his passing.

Larry, Really? I'm shocked you never saw them. I've seen them a handful of times at the Thirsty Whale back in the day, and they were usually a band on the bill with someone else I wanted to see. They started there, got bigger, and then ended playing there again.

Novembers Paul said:
Larry, Really? I'm shocked you never saw them. I've seen them a handful of times at the Thirsty Whale back in the day, and they were usually a band on the bill with someone else I wanted to see. They started there, got bigger, and then ended playing there again.

Yeah, I was at the Thirsty Whale that time when Metal Church played with Kilbourne opening for them, but for some reason I didn't stick around long enough. By that point, I'd lost interest in what Metal Church was doing anyhow, I much preferred the David Wayne era & the first two albums, basically. I remember reading about Metallica and Metal Church touring together in Europe, I think, back in 1986/1987, I always thought that would have been the perfect tour to see.

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
I remember reading about Metallica and Metal Church touring together in Europe, I think, back in 1986/1987, I always thought that would have been the perfect tour to see.

Holy shit, Larry! Damn, that would be sweet.
My dad's a TV repairman. He's got a wicked set of tools. Let's get crackin on a time machine, toot-sweet!
Maybe Vito can help, he reads books and stuff.

I listened to 'The Dark' today for the first time in maybe 3 years.
'Psycho' is one of the greatest thrash songs ever recorded.
The line "The psycho jumps out from behind... sticks a knife in your throat, and you dieeeeee!" makes my arms break out in metal goosebumps, scream along like a douchebag, and bang my head wildly.

RIP, man.
I owe you alot.
:yell: :headbang: :yell:

man that really bums me out....holy shit. man we watch the children pray, gods of wrath...what a great singer. those 2 albums were a huge inspiration to me back in 86. man that really sucks. anyone know how old he was? i'll check the link. alas, rip \m/ \m/ \m/