David Wayne formerly of Metal Church dies... R.I.P.

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Original METAL CHURCH frontman David Wayne has passed away. According to the webmaster of the David Wayne's Metal Church web site, "we are unclear as to actually what happened. We are putting together an official press release and will post that out as soon as we get it done."

Wayne sang on METAL CHURCH's first two classic offerings (1984's "Metal Church" and 1986's "The Dark") before leaving the group and being replaced by Mike Howe. Wayne subsequently teamed up with members of HERETIC members to form REVEREND, with whom he released two full-length albums and a couple of EPs. He eventually rejoined METAL CHURCH in time for the 1999 reunion album, "Masterpeace". A "solo" album (under the WAYNE banner), entitled "Metal Church" followed in 2001.
------------------

Sad news indeed. A great fucking singer. The first two Metal Church albums are legendary. R.I.P. brother.

That does indeed suck hard. Those first two Metal Church albums will always be amongst my all time favorites. Seriously though, what the hell is going on lately? People in the metal community are dropping like flies. Fucking uncool.

I'm just surprised nobody fucking said anything about a serious head-on collision that caused him to suffer fatal side effects months later. I mean, he talked about a new band, did some songs and opened a web page in the last couple of months...

Dodens Grav said:
I'm just surprised nobody fucking said anything about a serious head-on collision that caused him to suffer fatal side effects months later. I mean, he talked about a new band, did some songs and opened a web page in the last couple of months...

That's fucking metal right there, man. Sucking it up and rocking till the end...