David Wayne formerly of Metal Church dies... R.I.P.

This is sad news, absolutely. But I would like to have some more info about the specifics of it, because all I've heard is that he died from injuries he received from a car accident a month or two ago. And that he supposedly was only 'bandaged up' from the hospital because that was all they'd do for him since he didn't have medical coverage. That would be a long enough debate and I won't go into that whole can of worms, but...

didn't he have auto insurance?

I mean, regardless if I am covered by any sort of medical plan (via a job or my own money), I still have money that is allotted to me for hospital bills if I am injured in an auto accident through auto insurance. Granted, I don't think it is more than $50-75,000, but that still is something.

I am definitely not going to make assumptions about David Wayne, his life or his financial situation or what he deemed an acceptable life expense or not. What he thought he needed for his own life is none of my business.

What I will say is this: If you decide to drive an automobile and decide NOT to be insured and are willing to put SOMEONE else's life/financial well being at risk...well let's just say that I don't have too much respect for that type of person (through personal experience.)

I'm sorry if this comes off as being insensitive to someone's death and all the sorrow and pain that pertains to it, it's just that when it comes to an issue of some being responsible, I get a bit riled up. There's a chance that Wayne's death had nothing at all to do with a lack of auto insurance. But you never know...

Hawk said:
Well, I love his singing on both "Metal Church" and "The Dark" and I think his vocals were average at best on "Masterpeace". Besides is the live situation not the real testing ground for the quality of any singer? I think it is.

In short, I disagree with your disagreement of my former disagreement :Spin: :yell: :lol:

NP: Metal Church - Metal Church

And I have to diagree with your disagreement of my disagreement :loco: because in "Masterpeace" he actually sings, while in "The Dark" especially he screeches. And i never understood why the guy who pull 'Watch The Children Pray' and 'Method To Your Madness', also came with 'The Dark' and 'Psycho' which I can barely stand.

Bottom line, everyhing is in the ear of the beholder. :cool:

Walter_Langkowski said:
This is sad news, absolutely. But I would like to have some more info about the specifics of it, because all I've heard is that he died from injuries he received from a car accident a month or two ago. And that he supposedly was only 'bandaged up' from the hospital because that was all they'd do for him since he didn't have medical coverage. That would be a long enough debate and I won't go into that whole can of worms, but...

I mean, regardless if I am covered by any sort of medical plan (via a job or my own money), I still have money that is allotted to me for hospital bills if I am injured in an auto accident through auto insurance. Granted, I don't think it is more than $50-75,000, but that still is something.

I am definitely not going to make assumptions about David Wayne, his life or his financial situation or what he deemed an acceptable life expense or not. What he thought he needed for his own life is none of my business.

What I will say is this: If you decide to drive an automobile and decide NOT to be insured and are willing to put SOMEONE else's life/financial well being at risk...well let's just say that I don't have too much respect for that type of person (through personal experience.)

I'm sorry if this comes off as being insensitive to someone's death and all the sorrow and pain that pertains to it, it's just that when it comes to an issue of some being responsible, I get a bit riled up. There's a chance that Wayne's death had nothing at all to do with a lack of auto insurance. But you never know...

Dude, I think he was flat broke.

Walter_Langkowski said:

Speaking of cans, I don't want to start an ugly debate here but the mediacal system of US is really dissapointing IMO. When I was thre my lanldlady had a domestic accident and open her skull a bit. She was conscious and refuses an ambulance, so I took her to urgent care. In there the doctor refuses to treat her and send her to emergency care (two blocks away), so I was ready to drove her there, and the doctor told me not to do it and call an ambulance who charged her $500 for two fucking blocks!

In here the ambulance is free (Red Cross), and no hospital will refuse you of emergency care because of your insurance. Insurance here is global and supported by the government, the employer and the employee. The money which each part gives support the Social Security system. Of course private attention is much better usually, but way more expensive.

Bottom line, if what you say is true and Wayne was refused treatment and proper care on the basis of an insurance that is called MURDER in my book.

Wyvern said:
Speaking of cans, I don't want to start an ugly debate here but the mediacal system of US is really dissapointing IMO. When I was thre my lanldlady had a domestic accident and open her skull a bit. She was conscious and refuses an ambulance, so I took her to urgent care. In there the doctor refuses to treat her and send her to emergency care (two blocks away), so I was ready to drove her there, and the doctor told me not to do it and call an ambulance who charged her $500 for two fucking blocks!

In here the ambulance is free (Red Cross), and no hospital will refuse you of emergency care because of your insurance. Insurance here is global and supported by the government, the employer and the employee. The money which each part gives support the Social Security system. Of course private attention is much better usually, but way more expensive.

Bottom line, if what you say is true and Wayne was refused treatment and proper care on the basis of an insurance that is called MURDER in my book.

I hear what you are saying Wyv. There are a ton of holes in the American health care system and I really don't want to get into that (even though what I think is probably more in line with your thoughts anyways.)

My point basically (not just possibly about Wayne, but anyone) is that driving a car is a priviledge, not a right! Insurance is necessary for a number of reasons, not the least which is in case you injure someone on the road with YOUR car. I have had many incidents of experience with people I know getting in to serious accidents and turning out that the person who hit them can't cover their end of responsibility. That's all I'm saying.

And car insurance usually can go for as low as $65-70 a month. Sorry, I don't feel that that is a huge amount to pay for your (and others) safety.

Walter_Langkowski said:
I hear what you are saying Wyv. There are a ton of holes in the American health care system and I really don't want to get into that (even though what I think is probably more in line with your thoughts anyways.)

My point basically (not just possibly about Wayne, but anyone) is that driving a car is a priviledge, not a right! Insurance is necessary for a number of reasons, not the least which is in case you injure someone on the road with YOUR car. I have had many incidents of experience with people I know getting in to serious accidents and turning out that the person who hit them can't cover their end of responsibility. That's all I'm saying.

And car insurance usually can go for as low as $65-70 a month. Sorry, I don't feel that that is a huge amount to pay for your (and others) safety.

hahaha I dont see driving as a Privilage ... not when you have to pay $2.20 a gallon for gas hahaha ... the real question is who was at fault for the accident? Wayne or the other shmuck?

Walter_Langkowski said:
My point basically (not just possibly about Wayne, but anyone) is that driving a car is a priviledge, not a right! Insurance is necessary for a number of reasons, not the least which is in case you injure someone on the road with YOUR car.

I can't argue with you on that one. :cool:

@ JD: Ah shut up! We are paying here $3.38 a gallon

Walter_Langkowski said:
I can certainly understand your point of view, Walter, and I want to be respectful of any personal life experiences that make you passionate about the subject. (I agree with you whole-heartedly; at 40 years of age I now take those responsibilities very seriously.)

But to be realistic, there are two sides to the fence on the insurance issue.

I remember what it was like when I was in my early twenties. I didn't have health insurance because I worked at 7-11. I couldn't afford auto insurance because I worked at 7-11. I had gone from working minimum wage in rural Idaho where the cost of living was cheap to working minimum wage in Phoenix were everything with a dollar sign jumped up about 400%. I had no choice in the matter back then. Not if I wanted to live the drug-induced, concert-attending, party-going lifestyle of my youth (back when I believed that "big accident" would never happen to me and I was going to live forever).

Ultimately, the fault lies with the way the medical system is set up in the U.S. All accusatory fingers should be pointed at them. It's illogical to the Nth degree. By the time a person is financially able to afford proper insurance and responsibility, he has matured beyond the wreckless days of his youth...the days when he needs insurance the most.