All hype...

wdiv

Rattlehead
May 28, 2004
US
... Will it actually get released this year?

GUNS N' ROSES - Canadian Release Date For Chinese Democracy Confirmed
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 16:11:32 EST

Universal Music Canada has confirmed that GUNS N' ROSES' long, long-awaited new album, Chinese Democracy, will see the light of day on November 23rd - a rare Sunday release date rather than the usual Tuesday in North America.

BestBuy.com today launched a Chinese Democracy pre-order page at this location.

The album will be released on CD and vinyl format. Fans have a choice between three different CD and LP covers. More details including album cover will be revealed soon.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...e+democracy&lp=4&type=product&cp=1&id=1925065

h050.gif

its coming out. i know someone in upper management for best buy and they have actually seen the finished project, album artwork and cd

Riiiiight. I stopped caring about this years ago. Axl's a reclusive whack job, there ain't no way he'll ever release it.

yeah best buy paid for something that wasn't complete and ready to be put on shelves :rolleyes: it was finished earlier this year. eddie trunk even reported the rumor like 8 monts ago that it was complete and geffen/interscope were working on the proper way to distribute and promote the album. dr pepper, the song for guitar hero or rock band(forgot which) and the song going into that movie that opens in theaters around the exact same time as this album coming out are all in on the promotion

It's a race between that and TSO's "Nightcastle". ;)

I'll treat GnR (otherwise known as the Axl Rose Group) the same way I now treat Metallica: Something to check out from a band I used to like and respect, and now relegate into the 'mild interest' category.

Steve in Philly

Isn't this totally irrelevant at this point in time. There are so many bands that have come and gone since then... plus the ones who still are around that are worth a shit are still recording more regular than every 15 years.

Pass.:puke:

:rolleyes:
GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy' Single Is A Radio Smash - Oct. 24, 2008
According to Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems, between 5:00 a.m. EST on October 22 and 5:00 a.m. EST on 23, GUNS N' ROSES new single, "Chinese Democracy", was played 683 times on all BDS-monitored terrestrial and satellite radio stations. WAAF-FM in Boston and WHJY-FM in Providence both played it 18 times during that time period. WBSX-FM in Wilkes-Barre was next with 17 spins. By comparison, the #1 song on the Billboard Mainstream Rock radio chart was spun 322 times on October 22, with 526 spins overall.

Best Buy and Geffen Records have finally made an official announcement confirming that GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy", will be released exclusively through Best Buy on November 23. The 14-song set will be available on CD, vinyl, and as a download. While singer Axl Rose has remained silent, co-managers Irving Azoff and Andy Gould said in a statement, "The release of 'Chinese Democracy' marks a historic moment in rock n'roll. We're launching with a monumental campaign...that matches the groundbreaking sound of the album itself. GUNS N' ROSES fans have every reason to celebrate, for this is only the beginning."

Pre-orders for the album began at BestBuy.com on Wednesday (October 22), the same day that the title track arrived at radio stations nationwide.

One new song, "Shackler's Revenge", debuted on September 14 through the Rock Band 2 video game, while another, called "If The World", can be heard in the new film "Body of Lies".

"Chinese Democracy" is the first album of new material from GUNS N' ROSES since 1991's "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion II".

Since that time, every original member of GUNS N' ROSES has left the band except for Axl Rose, who spent 13 years and reportedly tens of millions of dollars with a revolving cast of musicians and producers to finish the new CD.

I bought the new Metallica album in fact I've bought too many albums after the Black Album. I don't have a problem shelling out for the cost of the follow up to Use Your Illusions 1 and 2. Yes even if it's 12 or even 14 years too late. It's not Guns anymore but does that mean Axl can't make a good album?