Alright everyone

Sadistik

Let me die in solitude...
May 30, 2001
California
Visit site
Just shut the hell up about the New Wave of Swedish metal bullshit. it has nothing to do with Testament, and I think it's embaraasing that such shitty bands as In Flames and Haunted are being mentioned in the same breath. It's funny that all the bands that were melodic death in 95 and 96 are now sounding like American hardcore with solos. Hardcore is not metal. Hardcore is shit. End.

It's a discussion forum dude. People are discussing things.

Just because it's the Testament board, doesn't mean every single post has to be about Testament.

Lighten up... jesus... If you don't like it, don't read it.

Good God dude....relax. There is life after the '80's.....

This is a Metal discussion board...so we discuss Metal....mostly Testament...but occasionally other Metal bands. I'm going to go out on a limb here and agree with Legions....if ya see a post with a band's name you don't like....don't read it.

It's simple really.

I don't know if I should agree with you or not, I mean damn right In Flames sucks..and this is a Testament board, which usually helps if the post has the slightest thing to do with Testament..but..the Haunted isn't that bad

If you don't like the topic: Then do not read it. And do not post....
If you don't like the band: Don't support them........................
And THE HAUNTED are a great band, hand picked by TESTAMENT to support their Gathering U.S. Tour. Which was awesome. They do have "something to do, with TESTAMENT". And are good friends of the band as well. Not to mention that their drummer is being asked to play on Chuck's new side Project "SUICIDE SHIFT".
By posting this as a subject, you are generating more conversation on Swedish Metal, which you say should not be discussed, I think that's the funny thing................Your sounding like a Hypocrite...........But never the less, you can't tell me what not to post or comment on...........I refuse.................
This is a TESTAMENT site, with alot of topics dicussed, besides just TESTAMENT, always has been. Their are alot of simularities,
between The Bay Area Thrash scene, & the Swedish Death Metal
scene, your just to narrow minded to see it...............But I do not care.......................I'ts your loss..........Swedish Metal has in alot of ways, rejuvenated the Metal Scene as a whole.... They've put out great products, when other thrash bands have not, & were in retirement. It's all about Metal, with fresh new musical direction............And being on Tour with The HAUNTED, turned me onto a whole new scene.................Seeing bands like SOILWORK play in their hometown in Sweden, & open up for TESTAMENT.....Seeing Chuck & Eric perform with them also, was incredible...............Seeing IN FLAMES, SLAYER, TESTAMENT, IRON MAIDEN, DARK TRANQUILITY, & KOVENENT share the same stage,
in Italty at The GODZ OF METAL Y2K, a day that I shall never forget....it's all metal, it's all good for the whole scene........You ought to reverse your name, because your only hurting yourself................But your "Flame Proof"........:lol: :lol: :) :lol: :lol: :eek: :lol: :lol:

DE is absolutely correct. :wave:

Seeing IN FLAMES, SLAYER, TESTAMENT, IRON MAIDEN, DARK TRANQUILITY, & KOVENENT
:yow: Im so jealous. That lineup is insane. That must have been one of the ultimate shows of all time :headbang:

"Flame Proof" lol That was a good one. Moreover, here is my opinion on this guy/girl post. Must be totally bored with it's life. People that put down bands such as this post are only looking for attention. Life must be that boring. Just like that jerk that posted b.s. about Metallica on this site. Boo hoo! Boo hoo! I think this person would be better off with tennis elbow.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
...Seeing bands like SOILWORK play in their hometown in Sweden, & open up for TESTAMENT.....Seeing Chuck & Eric perform with them also, was incredible...............Seeing IN FLAMES, SLAYER, TESTAMENT, IRON MAIDEN, DARK TRANQUILITY, & KOVENENT share the same stage...

I'm getting misty. Those were some of the most BAD-ASS shows I've been lucky enough to see :D!!!

Hey those were my memories, Oh, Ya you were their Too.............
It just like those female announcers on the sidelines, doing interviews during NFL Football games......................It's a man's world out there, but a few lucky ladies, do get involved............LOL
:lol: :lol: .............................You know we treat you, just like "One Of The Boys"...................:D :p

Originally posted by LegionsOfTheDead
It's a discussion forum dude. People are discussing things.

Just because it's the Testament board, doesn't mean every single post has to be about Testament.

Lighten up... jesus... If you don't like it, don't read it.

I love it when someone with 5 posts says something smarter than someone with 3500.:lol: :devil:

:headbang: BTW:The Haunted & In Flames slay!! :headbang:

By the way, last weekend; I was recording A TESTAMENT Show for Derrick Rameriez, he brought over a VHS tape of TESTAMENT(DEMONIC Tour), live at Club Citta, in Tokyo, Japan. We were transferring it to a DVD for him, and the opening music that was playing in the club, was all IN FLAMES, it bleeds right into TESTAMENT's intro, & after the show was over, right back to IN FLAMES. Probably Eric's doing......................OH No.............. I said TESTAMENT & IN FLAMES in the same breath................Burn me at the stake.....................

Originally posted by Sadistik
[are now sounding like American hardcore with solos. Hardcore is not metal. Hardcore is shit. End. [/B]

I think what you mean is that TODAYS so called "hardcore" is shit and I agree 100%.
Lets not forget that American hardcore from back in the day - ie; early 80's bands like DRI, Circle Jerks, JFA, MDC, Meatmen, Dead Kennedys, etc was KILLER !
I find it nauseating that people refer to that shit today as "hardcore"

As far as mentioning in flames and the haunted here goes, on one hand it HAS been quite excessive as of late.
On the other hand who cares? Just ignore those posts and start one of your own about metal bands that YOU think totally devastate!!!!!

it's all metal

most of my friends are big fans of swedish melodic death...and i also like it...not as much like thrash/heavy/power....but it's good stuff..

and the metal scene will be dead in a few years if a fan of a sub-genre cannot respect another one who likes a different one....that's one of the reason why shitty bands like linkin park,limp bizkit,korn exist.they are NOT metal.bodom,flames,haunted,b.guardian.and so on.....ARE....
as well as testament,slayer,dark angel........