Metalcore!!!!!!!!!!

VEHEMENCE said:
that no one can see what the fuck!!!!!!! haha that would be really gay.

You can probably find the story on Blabbermouth.net, if you type in Korn. But, yeah, I agree. Sounds stupid as hell! :p

Btw, any luck in wooing bands' official forums over to UM?

Yeah, Ron from Watchtower/Spastic Ink is doing a project with Chris Alder from Lamb Of God on Drums and Alex from Cannibal Corpse on bass.

It's gonna be an instrumental tech-metal album, no vocals, just kick ass metal.

It's gonna be called Machinations of Dementia, I believe.

EDIT: Here's a link to the website Rod set up, talking about the project.

http://www.spasticink.com/rjmod.html

If you click the "Circle Of 12 Tones" link down below, it takes you to another page where he talks about his new system for developing new patterns and riffs and stuff, that guy is insane.

You can watch some videos of him playing MoD songs, crazyness.

Starless Dragon said:
Yeah, Ron from Watchtower/Spastic Ink is doing a project with Chris Alder from Lamb Of God on Drums and Alex from Cannibal Corpse on bass.

It's gonna be an instrumental tech-metal album, no vocals, just kick ass metal.

It's gonna be called Machinations of Dementia, I believe.

EDIT: Here's a link to the website Rod set up, talking about the project.

http://www.spasticink.com/rjmod.html

If you click the "Circle Of 12 Tones" link down below, it takes you to another page where he talks about his new system for developing new patterns and riffs and stuff, that guy is insane.

You can watch some videos of him playing MoD songs, crazyness.
Dude, that method rocks. I just used it to right some gut thrashing american death metal.

Dreadful said:
Metalcore is basically mixed styles of thrash metal...old school bay area thrash and gothenburg swedish thrash...very melodic...with hardcore vocals and occational death growls or clean singing. Sometimes the vocals sound real close to Tomas Lindberg of At the gates. The genre is mainly known for it's start stoppish Breakdowns written to make kids orgasm and flail their arms about. They also would involve more hardcore riffing. The disinction between the melodic death metal and metalcore are the pure death screaming...those who rarely listen to melodic death will not notice the difference between god forbid and dark tranquillity. The screaming is more witchy if you will or just in general, lower and pure and less hardcore sounding.

Metalcore really isn't too much different I guess and the reason why alot of metalheads just fucking despise the genre is that the style of guitar riffing has became so trendy. bands copying off each other without even knowing it's rooted to inflames. Alot of it's fans in 2001 or before would refuse to get into a dark tranquillity or an at the gates record because it was extreme metal and death metal (the music definitely was not considered cool then) then all of a sudden now with these bands coming out, it's all of a sudden really cool to get into that style and play it. It's become real popular and with it bearing the fashionable scenester look, people are getting more pissed.

I've ripped real hard on metalcore many, many times before and while I think most of the bands are generic and reallly should be more original, I really don't think people should just be so elitist about it. Because like, the black dahlia murder play straight up fucking gothenburg thrash, pure metal, and while it's not original at all...people hate them because of their clothes or because they look hardcore. I think that's pretty rediculous because they are a metal band really don't have any hardcore influence at all on their previous two records. Ok maybe the vocals sound 6.7% hardcore...so what?

I think bands like god forbid, unearth, killswitch engage are talented...I just wish they would write better songs and could be more original. Kse needs less of that breakdown shit

shadows fall and lamb of god are not metalcore.

goodnight
Metal core is=hardcore asthetic with some breakdowns, with either generic metal or gothenbore thrash or melodic death metal.Add third rate Slayer or ATG ripp off riffs, and wala, you got metal core. Why not support the real thrash bands, and real death metal, instead of this more accesible hybrid of metal core? Or perhaps it could be a gateway to more brutal stuff.