I need more Metalcore

bearkin

New Metal Member
Aug 23, 2010
I need more GOOD metalcore. Not all that mathcore or hardcore shit that is passed off as metalcore. I want REAL metalcore with REAL metalcore riffs. And none of that pop metalcore stuff, I've heard it all: All That Remains, Bullet for My Valentine, As I Lay Dying, Underoath; I need underground bands, bands I've never heard of.

Now then, here are some of my favorite bands to give you an idea what I like.

All That Remains
Archons
Asking Alexandria
The Autumn Offering
Blind Witness
Bury Tomorrow
Darkest Hour
Destroy the Runner
Hate May Return
Insomnium
Knights of the Abyss
Lower Hell
Miss May I
MyChildren MyBride
Once Beloved
Onward to Olympas
Sea of TReachery
Silent Civilian
Sylosis
This or the Apocalypse
Viatrophy
We Came as Romans
Within the Ruins
Wretched

Thanks!

Insomnium metalcore? They're melodic death metal you twat. I wonder what else you're confusing for metalcore......

I'm sorry, do you have reading problems? At what point did I say the bands I listed are metalcore? PLEASE find it for me; enlighten me.

When I saw real metalcore I was thinking actual hardcore-influenced metal (i.e., Botch, Converge, The Dillinger Escape Plan).

But not, so I guess All Shall Perish.

When I saw real metalcore I was thinking actual hardcore-influenced metal (i.e., Botch, Converge, The Dillinger Escape Plan).

But not, so I guess All Shall Perish.

Eh, it can go either way I guess. Those guys and Hatebreed and them were the pioneers of Metalcore but they aren't at all modern day Metalcore which is what I'm aiming for.

Lickgoldensky

Bridge to Solace
The Sorrow
Soulgate's Dawn
Raunchy - Death Pop Romance

Thanks both, will try them out.

Try Neaera if you don't already know their shit.

Got 'em already.

As I Lay Dying
August Burns Red
Parkway Drive

get their newest ones

As I Lay Dying
August Burns Red
Parkway Drive

get their newest ones

Got them all.

Most of Mendeed's stuff is pretty awful, but IIRC their last release was better, with a lot of power/speed metal influence.

Have them already. I do agree though; while their EP and their debut had a few good songs, they were inconsistent. The latest (and last) album really showed what they're capable of but they quit shortly after.

One of the guitarists is now in the band Anterior just in case you care.

Got them already.

I have all but 100 Demons and after a quick YouTube listen, other than the singing, I like what I hear, thanks!

Anything else?
100 demons are sick they changed vocalist after there first album so that may change your opinion on vocals depending on what you listened to.

a lot of these puport to be hardcore bands but there is some definate metal in the mix:

first blood
full blown chaos
embrace today
hatesphere
shai hulud
strife

Starkweather
Integrity

100 demons are sick they changed vocalist after there first album so that may change your opinion on vocals depending on what you listened to.

a lot of these puport to be hardcore bands but there is some definate metal in the mix:

first blood
full blown chaos
embrace today
hatesphere
shai hulud
strife

Already have First Blood and Shai Hulud. Other than that, will check those bands out!