i want some GOOD metalcore

Jun 18, 2008
hey there all...it seems like todays metalcore scene is plauged with generic band after generic band and they all sound the same and arent worth a listin. i like technical/mathy/progressive style metal with high energy in a variety of genres.i really dont like singing but very few bands can make it work and if it is there i like the more "metal" style singing like in diecast or god forbid. i tend to like the more clean/newer and well produced metalcore, but am not restricted to it by any means. i like a lot of sweet double bass.here are some metalcore bands i love from sick as hell to good shit and i would appreciate some reccomendations based on them and my previously mentioned material ...thanks for your help people

unearth
alarum( is this even metalcore?-love the jazzy shit)
darkest hour
god forbid
coalesce
himsa
the esoteric(prosthetic records band)
life in pictures
dead to fall(love the pheonix throne album)
as we fight
diecast
shadows fall
misery signals(older more melodic stuff) and 7 angels 7 plagues
the human abstract
majhas
one dead three wounded
all that remains(older stuff without emo singing)
protest the hero( love the music but again i hate the singing)
between the wars
everytime i die(older stuff)
taken
mikoto
maylene and the sons of disaster

Most of those metalcore bands the threadstarter listed suck.

Try:
August Burns Red - Thrill Seeker
Becoming the Archetype - Terminate Damnation
Beyond the Embrace - Insect Song
The Black Dahlia Murder - Miasma
DevilDriver - Devildriver
DevilDriver - The Fury of Our Maker's Hand
DevilDriver - The Last Kind Words
Heaven Shall Burn - Antigone
Heaven Shall Burn - Iconoclast (Part 1: The Final Resistance)
Himsa - Courting Tragedy & Disaster
Himsa - Hail Horror
Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing
A Life Once Lost - Hunter
Maroon - When Worlds Collide
Phoenix Mourning - When Excuses Become Antiques
Raunchy - Death Pop Romance

Textures? Don't know if you'd class them as metalcore though. Met them when they supported all that remains seemed like nice guys and the bassist had a broken leg and had to sit on a chair and play haha didn't look like too much fun for him.

The only metalcore bands that I listen to are God Forbid (you already mentioned them) and Lamb of God, because I tried to listen to many other metalcore bands but I didn't like their music.
I think there are many other good bands that I haven't discovered yet, I'll try to listen to other metalcore bands and I'll tell you my opinions about them.

Veil Of Maya are a bunch of fucking faggots that are within my local music scene. They are posers to no end. I am not even flaming you here, their music sucks and they are destroying the scene that I play in.

ah i just discovered them a few weeks ago, not saying theyre talented or anything but theyre pretty catchy, im not a huge fan of breakdowns anymore but they have some pretty catchy ones. i have heard alot of flaming towards this band. to me theyre just an unshitty born of osiris

They are fucking horrible and are destroying our local scene. if you are not metalcore than you can not play the local venues anymore due to these guys and a couple more.

Starkweather
Maroon
Faust Again
All Shall Perish (first album)
As We Fight
Fear My Thoughts
The Concubine

Most of those metalcore bands the threadstarter listed suck.

Try:
August Burns Red - Thrill Seeker
Becoming the Archetype - Terminate Damnation
DevilDriver - Devildriver
DevilDriver - The Fury of Our Maker's Hand
DevilDriver - The Last Kind Words
Maroon - When Worlds Collide
cannot hear any metalcore in these bands, and i don't think that's got to do with "personal perception".