Post-Thrash

SouthernTrendkill

Super Normie
Aug 22, 2007
Sup guys? I got into metal through thrash metal but when I started listening to heavier stuff, thrash felt too soft for me so I've kinda stayed away from post-thrash too. But lately I've been noticing that a lot of my favorite metal bands right now are the few post-thrash bands I listen to.

So any reccomendations for awesome post-thrash? Not so much your bellowing Lamb of God types and even though I love metalcore I'd prefer if there wasn't a hardcore influence like with Chimaira. I'm looking for bands like BAGHEAD and Pantera's heaviest stuff. Just solid, heavy post-thrash that doesn't have hardcore-style death vocals.

thanks! :headbang:

*rolleyes* It's a matter of taste and perception, my friend.

If you think thrash is so tough then please do reccomend me some uber-heavy thrash that isn't from the 80s. I might love it. If it exists.

Hey guys... incase you were wondering... guess what... I was tripping on dextromethorphan tonight and... I fucking love thrash again! And more than that, for the first time ever I love power metal too! Damn drugs are great. Now I love every form of metal. I hope it's not a temporary thing.

Wtf is post-thrash?

If you want heavier sounding thrash or death/black metal with lotsa thrash influences then listen to Legion Of The Damned, The Crown, The Scrouger, Usurper, Blood Tsunami, Destroyer 666, Occult, Frightmare.

Hey guys... incase you were wondering... guess what... I was tripping on dextromethorphan tonight and... I fucking love thrash again! And more than that, for the first time ever I love power metal too! Damn drugs are great. Now I love every form of metal. I hope it's not a temporary thing.

:err: