metal & Charlie Manson

SouthernTrendkill

Super Normie
Aug 22, 2007
Sup guys? This ain't a philosophical thread so I put it in the reccomendations forum.

I'm a huge fan of Charlie Manson. And I see a lot of guys at metal shows with Charlie shirts on. So are there any metal bands that have a lot to do with Charlie? You know, songs about him, songs that include large samples of Charlie's conversations, or even covers of his songs? Most of his stuff is probably too soft for a metal band but some of his stuff is kinda weird, like I could imagine a metal version Mechnical Man or maybe even Ego.

that's a hard one. i know a band called church of misery that does songs exclusively about serial killers. ah yeas.. they have a song about manson called spahn ranch. album: "Born Too Late" (1998 SPLIT w/ SHEAVY)

Spahn Ranch (Charles Manson)
Road To Ruin (Charles Whitman)
Reverend (Jim Jones)
War Is Our Destiny

here's the link http://rapidshare.com/files/6141984..._Late__split__by_kjemiker__metalarea.org_.rar

i never heard this before so i'm checking it out, too. ooh a st. vitus cover

here's the lyrics:

"spahn ranch"--church of misery

revolution for new generation
sex, drug & murder
i'll show you the way to kill, my children

demolition for new creation
peace, love & terror
pigs must be killed, my children

so this is the end of time
i'll give you peace of mind
judgement day has coming
now you gonna pay the price
victory is on my side, my children

operation for new domination
blind family's power
stab them to death, my children

sensation for new situation
we've will to devour
go for work to be done, my children

now is the time for " revolution "
are you prepare for " destruction " ?
now is the time to " creepy crawl "
" helter skelter "
is comin' down fast !

rise ! death to pigs ! helter skelter !!

there's news clips in the beginning. it's a pretty cool tune

Songs with Manson quotes:

Aborym - Disgust And Rage (Sic Transit Gloria Mundi)
Aborym - Suffer Catalyst
Dark Funeral - My Dark Desires

No shit, sherlock.

GnR covered one of his songs at the end of I Don't Care About You on The Spaghetti Incident.

Sup guys? This ain't a philosophical thread so I put it in the reccomendations forum.

I'm a huge fan of Charlie Manson. And I see a lot of guys at metal shows with Charlie shirts on. So are there any metal bands that have a lot to do with Charlie? You know, songs about him, songs that include large samples of Charlie's conversations, or even covers of his songs? Most of his stuff is probably too soft for a metal band but some of his stuff is kinda weird, like I could imagine a metal version Mechnical Man or maybe even Ego.

You like Charlie?

People on a metal forum are afraid of Charlie? Sheesh, I expect some squares on other boards, but not around here.

The Manson story is certainly interesting, but I really don't see how not being a huge fan of the man himself equates to being afraid of him or being a square.

i'm a fan of richard ramirez. he was 1000 million times cooler than the coward manson. manson didn't have any good thoughts or theorys or anything even remotely relevant to anything. he was nothing but a dirty hippy

I feel the opposite. Manson is the only guy who can say poetic shit and make it interesting. Everybody else in history, including every book author ever, fails.