metal & Charlie Manson

even his followers in prison have totally denounced everything he stood for and say they were brainwashed. they may be just trying to get paroled, though.

otto_von_bismarck.jpg

is better then Charlie Manson. Period.

there are some Manson quotes in 'Forever Failure' from Paradise Lost

i don't get how someone can be a fan of a murderer

How could you be a "fan" of someone who advocated the brutal murder of an expecting mother. That is fucked.

I think Charlie Manson is interesting though. Since you seem to be a Pantera fan, I'll assume you have heard "Where I'm Going" by Down.

Old thread....

meh, people idolize figures like Ronald Reagan, George Bush, Che Guevara, and Alexander The Great, who advocated the brutal mruder of more expecting mothers than Manson ever dreamed of. Like them, Manson didn't have any physical part in the murders, he only masterminded it, like politicians. I'm not political, I'm only saying that the murders are not what made him great.

Manson is the only guy who can say poetic shit and make it interesting. Everybody else in history, including every book author ever, fails.

So, since you don't have the patience or maturity to read historically significant works and interpret them for yourself, you submit your potential intelligence and freedom to the ramblings of a madman? Charles Manson would love you.

this thread should never have been.
it never should have been bumped.
I guess what I'm trying to say is...
IBL

also, einherjar, don't even try reasoning with Southern. He's the single biggest idiot on the forum.

So, since you don't have the patience or maturity to read historically significant works and interpret them for yourself, you submit your potential intelligence and freedom to the ramblings of a madman? Charles Manson would love you.

Since your comments are harsh and brash, are you just offended that I'm not impressed by poets and authors? Don't be offended, I just have my preference is all. I read books constantly. Just because they don't move me doesn't mean I don't read them. It's still more interesting than doing nothing. People a million miles away call me dumb, but I'm not the one who thinks I have magical powers. How do you know what I'm like after reading a few passages of random text? How do you know what Charles Manson was like? You're making ridiculously outtlandish assumptions. Just because I believe different things than you do doesn't mean that I am revoking intelligence or freedom, no more so than your allegiance to books and traditional paradigms makes you a zombie aswell. That kind of polarized thinking is the death of legitimate contemplation. The Us VS Them mentality makes people stubborn and therefore weakens their ability to reason.

Trendkill, I remember once you said you planned on having a good time until you ran out of cash, then kill yourself. So I hope you'll forgive me if I don't take what you say seriously.