Progressive Thrash

Vegard Pompey

ALLY TO GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO YOU
Feb 26, 2008
Duwang
I've been looking into thrash lately, but I find that most of it bores me because it's just too simple.

Tell me of some good progressive thrash metal bands, like Voivod, early Metallica or Toxik.

Voïvod, especially the albums killing technology dans dimension hatross. After these albums, it's still prog, but certainly not thrash metal.

Annihilator - Alice In Hell... not really prog, but technical and contains many time changes. (5/4 in alison hell as an exemple)

Now ya talking, good prog / thrash is hard to find.
Said it before and again, COMMUNIC is the best at it!

Voïvod, especially the albums killing technology dans dimension hatross. After these albums, it's still prog, but certainly not thrash metal.

Won't people ever bother reading my original post to the end?

I already mentioned Voivod myself, and they're one of my favourite bands.

Savatage? Kinda thrashy.
Symphony X is also pretty thrashy.
Both are like progressive power/thrash.

Some of it is pretty damn thrashy.

Uh...
Brainstorm? idk if they;re really progressive...

Just pick out the prog/thrash from the search by genre feature on Metal Archives.

Just pick out the prog/thrash from the search by genre feature on Metal Archives.

He could do that, but I'm assuming he only wants good stuff that people with taste (which he in some part respects, I'm assuming) enjoy. Kind of the point of recs.

Control Denied are not thrash, also.

Coroner is an awesome recommendation. Do that.

Top 10 list i made for an exact thread on this subforum

Watchtower - Energetic Disassembly
Voivod - Dimension Hatross
Anacrusis - Manic Impressions (though "Screams And Whispers is the best, this one can be considered to be "thrash" more)
Coroner - Mental Vortex (not choosing "Grin" for the same reason as above)
Deathrow - Deception Ignored
Mekong Delta - Visions Fugitives
Depressive Age - First Depression
Inferno - Psychic Distance
Taramis - Strech Of The Imagination
Arcane - Destination Unknown