Progressive Thrash

That's a very good album. That their planned second album featuring John Arch and Doug Keyser was never realized/completed is one of the most unfortunate events in metal.

For two very progressive new thrash bands, Rubella Muti and Dimesland. The former is a pretty raw Voivod-style act with relations to an earlier progressive punk band Plaid Retina from the early 90's. They're working on recording a debut album right now, but they have 9 demo recordings on their MySpace page (which seems to be down at the moment) and they're all basically awesome. The latter apparently came from the ashes of a mid-90's math rock band and features a guitarist who played with The Residents, although on their demo it's pretty much straight-up progressive thrashing when they are thrashing (but there are some weird instrumental diversions present as well).

And actually, for a prog/thrash band that has straight-up reformed, there's Maelstrom. Their 1991 demo (A Battle to Make History, Yet History Never Comes) is probably my favorite metal demo ever, which was originally intended to be a part of a concept album but was never realized due to creative differences and a lack of label support. Basically it's all the fanatical storytelling of Sabbat's Dreamweaver but with an extremely active instrumental section to actually help tell it. Aside from the new Anacrusis (hey, more prog/thrash!), I don't think there's anything I'm looking forward to more than hearing it in full.