melodeath with no singing/maximum head banging

Jun 18, 2008
hey guys sorry for another melodeath reccomendation post but i have taken reccomendations and keep coming up on stuff i cant get into. i want some melodeath that has maximum head bang ability. i want some stuff that flows well and rocks hard.i usually dont like keyboards and the like but some bands do it well like dark tranquility(too much in kalmah) i have found far too many bands with quite a bit of singing which i can stand occasionally but dont really like. the vocals usually make or break the band for me. i usually like the deep screams like amon amarth....here are some bands i really love in this genre...hook me up with more

amon amarth
insomnium
dark tranqulity
the absence
in slumber
norther
detonation
gojira
scar symmetry( would be ideal band with less singing)

You should check out Amorphis's album The Karelian Isthmus.

And while you're at it, check out their albums Tales From the Thousand Lakes, Elegy, Tuonela, Eclipse, and Silent Waters. :cool:

The only other band I can think of to mention would be Eternal Tears of Sorrow. But if Kalmah has too much keyboards for you, then I think that EToS will too.

Scar Symmetry has a lot of singing, which is the best part of their completely tepid overhyped music. Christian is a great singer.

Wintersun. They have high screams, but not much keyboard. And they're awesome.

i have all amorphis's stuff...ill check some of these bands out...keep em comin if u got anymore

Alright, good. :cool:

I'd recommend that you try Kalmah's first record again, Swamplord. I don't think the keyboards are as accentuated as on their later records (from what I've heard). Or they just might not be your thing.

I was also doing some thinking, and this might be a controversial recommendation, but you might want to check out Eluveitie's new record. They're technically folk metal, but the new record (Slania) sounds uncannily like Gothenburg melodeath like In Flames or Dark Tranquillity or something.

There are no keyboards, only flutes, fiddles and shit. Might not be your thing, but that's for you to decide. :cool:

EDIT: Here's an Eluveitie sample:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=d4zyDRLPB8s[/ame]

Arghoslent
Intenstine Baalism
Holymarsh
Black Horizons (has some black metal influence, but more melodeath)
Fragments of Unbecoming (they might get a bit too melodic at times, though not keys or clean vox)
Burden of Grief
Bitterness
October Tide (almost melodic doomdeath, but a bit too fast to be that)

Scar Symmetry has a lot of singing, which is the best part of their completely tepid overhyped music. Christian is a great singer.

I agree. Just got Holographic Universe and he really puts the MELO in melodeath.

Personally I loved the singing on Dark Tranq's Projector, but I'm with you on Scar Symmetry style singing.

and if you're familiar with that album of theirs, and don't hate it, I'll also recommend Falkenbach's Fireblade

HYPOCRISY.

definitely!

Edge of Sanity
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Lost Dreams
Insomnium