Necrophagist
Despised Icon
Born of Osiris
Between the Buried and Me
All Shall Perish
All That Remains
Scar Symmetry
Veil of Maya
Looking for a lot more bands... if there any 'entry' bands to kinds of music that you like that you think I may like, feel free to suggest them to me, I'm open.

The Black Dahlia Murder. You know those sections in the Faceless that aren't complete wankery? Those are about 98% stolen directly from The Black Dahlia Murder.
Who get it from At The Gates, tbh.
So The Black Dahlia Murder and At The Gates.
Scar Symmetry are pretty sweet. If you dig Pitch Black Progress check out Soilwork, In Flames, Dark Tranquility.

More in the vein of what you listed would be Shadows Fall and As Blood Runs Black.

Also try the following: Amon Amarth, Decapitated, Bloodbath, The Absence, and Behemoth. Let us know what you think.

I also recommend you listen to some real death metal. If you wanna start at the beginning, check out Death and Morbid Angel. I'd list more bands, but then it would start to be a more complete list and I'm not qualified to give a complete list. There are several people on here who could furnish you with a complete list of essential death metal, however.

The Black Dahlia Murder. You know those sections in the Faceless that aren't complete wankery? Those are about 98% stolen directly from The Black Dahlia Murder.
Who get it from At The Gates, tbh.
So The Black Dahlia Murder and At The Gates.
Scar Symmetry are pretty sweet. If you dig Pitch Black Progress check out Soilwork, In Flames, Dark Tranquility.

More in the vein of what you listed would be Shadows Fall and As Blood Runs Black.

Also try the following: Amon Amarth, Decapitated, Bloodbath, The Absence, and Behemoth. Let us know what you think.

I also recommend you listen to some real death metal. If you wanna start at the beginning, check out Death and Morbid Angel. I'd list more bands, but then it would start to be a more complete list and I'm not qualified to give a complete list. There are several people on here who could furnish you with a complete list of essential death metal, however.
Yeah, I forgot to mention I listen to Black Dahlia. The only thing about them is the high pitched screams, I prefer the growls, tbh. I never could get into Unhallowed, also, maybe because the mastering. I just don't dig Shadows Fall and ABRB, but I do At The Gates. I'm gonna go ahead and listen to the Death Metal you recoomended, thanks.

Edit: Wow, the Breathing Process is great! Thank you for that reccomendation. It is like symphonic pure goodness.

Unhallowed is their best tbh.

If you like early AtG check out the early works of In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Dismember, Eucharist, etc. And then there's Unleashed, Entombed...fuck. There's a lot of bands you should listen to.
You might dig Kataklysm.

And try All Out War. I bet you'd like that. Assassins in the House of God is excellent.

Are you familiar with the various genres and the essential bands in each?

Does anybody else have any kinds of death metal? Also, any certain albums by Soilwork or Dark Tranquility that I should listen to?

Does anybody else have any kinds of death metal? Also, any certain albums by Soilwork or Dark Tranquility that I should listen to?
The only Soilwork I have is Stabbing The Drama, which I really like but a lot of people don't. A Predator's Portrait and their latest, Sworn To A Great Divide, are supposed to be excellent as well.
For Dark Tranquility: Skydancer/Of Chaos And Eternal Night, The Gallery, and Fiction. The Gallery above all.

Okay...for old school death metal I actually have a massive list someone posted and if you want I'll PM it to you
some other death metal you should try:
Vader
Bolt Thrower
Nile
Ill-Disposed
Drawn And Quartered
Devourment

I recommend Darkane's Expanding Senses album, especially the song Innoncence Gone. This song and Kalmah's Kill the Idealist are what got me into extreme metal :kickass:

Not at all. If you want to get started with Darkane check out the album Rusted Angel.

The only Soilwork I have is Stabbing The Drama, which I really like but a lot of people don't. A Predator's Portrait and their latest, Sworn To A Great Divide, are supposed to be excellent as well.

As for Soilwork, you should get started with The Chainheart Machine and A Predator's Portrait.

Here's a (another) list of death and melodic death metal:

Intestine Baalism
Lykathea Aflame
Darkane
Dark Tranquillity
At The Gates
Soilwork
Demigod (early)
The Chasm
Suffocation
Immolation
Demilich
Miasma
Aeternus (latter albums)
Therion (early)
Nile
Cryptopsy
Appalling Spawn
Gorguts
Nocturnus
Death
Morbid Angel
Melechesh
Mithras
Zyklon (first album)
Psypheria
At The Gates
Therion (early)
Unanimated
Amorphis (early)
Atheist
Pestilence
Carcass
The Crown
Dissection
Decapitated
In-Quest

Well the only deathcore band I like is Whitechapel you should give them a try.And also some Death Metal like...
Obituary
Cryptopsy
Behemoth
Morbid Angel
Atheist
God Dethroned
Descrepit Birth
Psycroptic

As for Soilwork, you should get started with The Chainheart Machine and A Predator's Portrait.
werd
Gonna go with A Predator's Portrait. On the In Flames forum there was a poll stacking it against The Jester Race and a couple people actually voted for it, so...

How does "Symphonic" fit into your desired equation?
Good question. I rather suspect it doesn't.

Alternatively, if you DO want symphonic, then check out these bands:

Abigail Williams
Dimmu Borgir ( pre-Death Cult Armageddon )
Symphony X

And, I hate to spam, but my own music in my signature is right up your alley as well.