Deathcore Bands with "good" lyrics

Kulaydd

New Metal Member
Apr 28, 2010
I put quotes around good because good lyrics sound different to different individuals.

Basically, I'm looking for some deathcore bands that don't throw out "fuck" every other word, and don't come off sounding hateful and vile. It's hard for me to get into a band when I don't enjoy their lyrics.

The one band I'm thinking of in particular is suicide silence. Their music may be good, but after listening to "No Pity for a Coward" I don't feel that encouraged to pursue them more.

I DO LIKE the lyrics of All Shall Perish. Their lyrics to me are intelligent. Look at their songs Black Gold Reigns, or Awaken the Dreamers.

I like lyrics that focus on unity or rebellion (i.e. the song "Awaken the Dreamers") rather than personal issues ("No Pity for a Coward").

Ultimately, I'm looking for deathcore bands that don't spew vile and hate with their lyrics.

Any recommendations?

I have a hard time understanding how someone can like a hybrid of hardcore punk and death metal without dealing with the violent lyrics/image of some of it.

That being said, I'll play ball anyway, since you arent gonna get many answers here.

Deathcore with light to no violent lyrical content

Animosity - pretty much anything
Arsonists Get All the Girls - these guys are goofy and techno/electronic influenced, if you can get past the dumb name
Impending Doom - The Serpent Servant <- the only christian deathcore album anyone should ever listen to.
See You Next Tuesday - Both Albums
The Red Chord - all are good, but you should probably go with their most recent stuff.
Stick To Your Guns - For What It's Worth

i dunno about lyrics but here are some deathcore bands i like that havent been mentioned yet..

Despised Icon
Carnifex
Whitechapel