i want some GOOD metalcore

All of childrengrinder's opinions are hereby rendered invalid in this thread due to his endorsement of Walls of Jericho and his subsequent insulting of Ozzy era Sabbath.

first - ozzy was the worst sabbath singer. i'm not talking about sympathy, i'm talking about quality.

second - walls of jericho beats easy most of metalcore bands. i guess you don't like them cuz the frontman is a frontgirl.

third - i have different opinions about different bands, so, i'm not concerned if somenone will enjoy or not, i'm not a A.I. (you know the movie)

:Smokedev:

old avenged sevenfold is good,as i lay dyings music is good but they are christain so im not down with that

Leave the hall.

manowar1.jpg

first - ozzy was the worst sabbath singer. i'm not talking about sympathy, i'm talking about quality.

second - walls of jericho beats easy most of metalcore bands. i guess you don't like them cuz the frontman is a frontgirl.

third - i have different opinions about different bands, so, i'm not concerned if somenone will enjoy or not, i'm not a A.I. (you know the movie)

:Smokedev:

I don't like Walls of Jericho because they're terrible.

Then you don't know what metalcore is because there is obvious core influence in the bands listed, ESPECIALLY Maroon and August Burns Red
that there are remnants of any kind of "core" doesn't automatically make a band metalcore, imo.
there's thrash elements everywhere, does that make black metal bands any thrashy ?

that there are remnants of any kind of "core" doesn't automatically make a band metalcore, imo.
there's thrash elements everywhere, does that make black metal bands any thrashy ?

Maroon is obviously metalcore
August Burns Red is obviously metalcore

I'm not talking about there being 'remnants' of said 'core' elements, either. It is straight metalcore BY DEFINITION, not by what you think metalcore is.

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about right now. Just stop.

Do you listen to Shadows Fall? They're a lot like All That Remains, I recommend them, also Bullet For My Valentine aren't half bad, it has some good guitar work but kinda poser vocals if that makes sense, try out those.

Also you might want to try out Lamb of God, although they are Heavy Metal but kinda metalcoreish, it includes screamy metalcore vocals but doesn't include the typical metalcore guitar work, so it's kinda a metalcore/heavy metal crossover I guess.

Becoming the Archetype
As Blood Runs Black
Born of Osiris
Bring me the Horizon
Heaven Shall Burn
Parkway Drive
Belay my Last
The Number Twelve Looks Like You
Whitechapel
Winds of Plague
7 Angels 7 Plagues

edit:
i forgot

It Dies Today

if hope dies rules....seen em a few times and was impressed. i want more shit like them, unearth, devildriver,god forbid. cant stand lamb of god...too much touch guy sounding shit. most people that like them are meatheads

Not a big fan of metalcore but I like a few:
God Forbid's album Determination
Burst
Architects
The CafFiends (a now disbanded local progressive metalcore band.)
Crowpath (not sure if this is considered metalcore but it definitely has elements of it)