Metalcore!!!!!!!!!!

J Mann said:
Just listen to the vocals or frequent hardcoreish breakdowns. BTBAM have a progressive edge mixed in with their sound, but again the vocals and numerous, obvious hardcore-esque chugga breakdowns give away their roots. Buried Inside show it through the typical vocal stylings (a yelling rasp, rather than growling or BM shrieks) and dissonant guitar tones.

Well than I guess At The Gates, The Haunted, Capharnaum, Nightrage, Reclusion, & so many other bands are metalcore too.

Damn them All said:
Lemme tell you something true norsk norwegian boy.

What true black metal band doesnt sound like bathory? Darkthrone, burzum, mayhem, they all ripped off bathory.
Hahaha, worst post ever.

While they might have influences from Bathory, none of those bands you mentioned (especially Burzum) sound the same as Bathory, which is why they were so ground breaking. It's not so much the same now where you have hundreds of clone bands which sound exactly the same as Bathory/Darkthrone/Mayhem/Burzum. Which is pretty much what Vehemence do next to the early melodic Swedish death metal bands. But at least they do it in style :p

The8thPlague said:
Well than I guess At The Gates, The Haunted, Capharnaum, Nightrage, Reclusion, & so many other bands are metalcore too.

I can see there is no point in explaining the differences to you, if you can't hear them or just deny them alltogether more power to you. However you should know most people can easily discern the different subgenre's between At the Gates and The Red Chord.

The8thPlague said:

No..... Stop trying man.

The8thPlague said:
by the way, Suffocation has breakdowns.
;)

well then they are obviously metalcore then
so much death metal has breakdowns, but then again, thier not young kids with short hair

and I really dont see how people can say that The Red Chord, Between the Buried and Me, Despised Icon, etc are metalcore

imo the perfect example of a metalcore band is Prayer for Cleansing and Unearth
and those bands are so far from that sound
like you said dude, fucking elitist

FuckYouIWantToDie said:
I'm being sarcastic, if you couldn't tell :p. This is taken WAY too seriously
Heh, not you. More the whole thing about getting way down into metal and thinking it's wrong for people to judge it, and then doing the exact thing they say is bad with other genres of music.

huh. to me metalcore has more to do with the shitty emo'd lyrics that alot of those bands have. KSE has Emo lyrics, Atreyu, Unearth, Bleeding Through...all crappy "I will overcome this pain of my girlfriend dumping me" emo crap lyrics.

They're not all that bad if you can look past the stupid haircuts and tight girly pants. Somethign Ic an't do, because I"m an asshole.

Immortal has a pretty sweet breakdown - 3:30 in my kingdom cold

"and here we go again...." if thats not meant for dancing i dont know what is :p