Hardcore and Metal similar to Slipknot

~Derek~

Sep 9, 2006
Tennessee
Yes, I'm interested in getting back to listening to music like Slipknot, of course with the exception of turntables and rap involved. Keep in mind most all metalcore and hardcore I've heard I thought sucked, but for some reason those downtuned bouncy riffs, blastbeats, and even Corey's hardcore screams were something I enjoyed, and I usually dislike hardcore/metalcore vocals. So what bands are similar to Slipknot that have similar musical aesthetics that are Hardcore or Metal?

^Haha yeah, I guess, but I still like them, so I figured there had to be some bands similar, I never really liked the Deftones, I like some Mudvayne too but I figured there had to be some more underground Hardcore or Metal that was similar to Slipknot.

well the stuff you are asking for is more nu-metal and rock-ish stuff than hardcore and metalcore. If you want good, chuggachugga, melodic riff filled metalcore and hardcore that is easy and fun to listen to, I suggest All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, and stuff like that. If you want some death metal in your metalcore, then listen to Job For A Cowboy and Anotations Of An Autopsy. I mean, I don't regularly listen to this stuff, because it has no real musical value. But it's accessible and can be entertaining.

Bands like Slipknot, let me see:

Mudvayne
Nothingface
Static-X (I think they're pretty tacky but..)
Skinlab
Machine Head

Personally I think Brujeria has kind of a nu-metal, de-tuned bounce to it, though they're not nu-metal. Also, one nu-metal band I still listen to is Mushroomhead - specifically the album 'XIII'. Their other two albums kind of suck though.

Umm...is Nailbomb too obvious?

Yes, I'm interested in getting back to listening to music like Slipknot, of course with the exception of turntables and rap involved. Keep in mind most all metalcore and hardcore I've heard I thought sucked, but for some reason those downtuned bouncy riffs, blastbeats, and even Corey's hardcore screams were something I enjoyed, and I usually dislike hardcore/metalcore vocals. So what bands are similar to Slipknot that have similar musical aesthetics that are Hardcore or Metal?

damn it derek! :cry: