"Alternatives to bbers"

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
What's up with all this pussy drinks popping up all over the place?? Smirnoff Ice? the new one by Captain Morgan?? Mikes hard lemonade and hard cranberry lemonade? I don't see what's so hard about these drinks. I work at one of the busiest bars on the east coast in DC and whenever someone asks me for one I cringe. We don't even carry the shit, but when a "tough guy" asks me for a Smirnoff Ice, I ring my bell, point at him and yell "Pussy, this guy just asked for Smirnoff Ice". Of course, they turn as red as the cranberry and vodka that they settle for.

If that's what they like, that's fine with me. Just stay at home and drink it. Anyone that drinks malt liquor tips 15% or less..and that's after having a free round or two.

Generally I stick to beer...those others are too sweet for me and have earned the "chick drink" label. Plus, they're more expensive, and I'm looking for bang for my buck.

The only exception is Dave's Mexi-quilla Stingers. I'm not even sure if you can find these outside Ontario, but they are as cheap as beer, made with tequilla, and basically taste like lime margaritas, so on a hot summer day, I might have one on the porch...but in a bar, if I didn't buy a beer I'd just buy a real margarita.

I don't know about Smirnoff Ice, but the "Hard Lemonade" is considered hard because regular lemonade does not get you drunk if you drink enough of it. I'd drink it, if I actually drank, which causes my husband to call anything "fruity" a "girly drink." I can't imagine many bars carrying any of those drinks, even though they advertise that way...well, not in any of the bars I've been in anyway. I'm sure "trendy" places downtown and in Scottsdale would be infested with them.

We already have like 25 diff. hard lemonades, the thing that bothers me the most is the price the charge , €2 for beer and almost €6 for a "hard lemonde", it's a complete rip off, in Holland it's very popular with the youth, 14 year old loves the shit , and thats one of the reasons supermarkets may not advertise with it.