Am I a bad person?

JBroll

I MIX WITH PHYSICS!!!!
Mar 8, 2006
San Antonio, TX, USA
I think I might be.

I have been tempted over the last few weeks to pay for the domain amipregnant.com just so that I could put a gigantic flashing YES right in the middle of the screen. Further, rather than worrying a great deal about this condom or that foam or this sponge-like fish thing I've decided that the girlfriend and I are going to hope to hell that one product works, and if it doesn't we'll just hope to hell that extended rough sex can cause abortion. And if that doesn't, I live on the third story of the apartment complex and that gives me two tries at the staircase method.

I've been working with failures for a month. Kids that failed classes at a local high school. You might be wondering, "Is it really possible to fail in the American education system?" The answer would be yes. You might then wonder, "Doesn't the American education system fail extremely on its own?" The answer would be yes. But then you might think that failing at failing would be passing... and you'd be wrong. Granted, there were a lot of students that just get screwed over by the system and actually knew what they were doing, but for every one that had some potential there was one that clearly just had no idea how to think and be responsible. And we had to try to be nice to them.

My first day on the job I had to put up with some lady bitching about her spawn - or perhaps the spawn of her spawn, or something like that - not getting the paperwork for her credit retrieval. No, lady, I am not responsible for you not getting the letter on time - I do not work for the Post Office. I am also not responsible for putting deadlines up - I'm a fucking tutor. I cannot do much about your problems. I do know that somehow over nine thousand students were able to sign up on time, which indicates quite clearly to me that whatever system is in place has a success rate of about nine thousand to nine thousand and one, which happens to be awfully close to 100%. Yes, I understand you went by the main building, even though you knew nobody would be there... it turns out they're getting asbestos removed, which makes entering that building a very questionable decision, so perhaps you could have found a better way of getting in touch with the coordinator. Again, fourteen gazillion other students signed up, with the same circumstances as you. That doesn't speak well for you. Fourteen gazillion students who failed public schools pulled it off, so if you can't I just hope that you die soon and with as little damage to others as possible.

Then, the 'tutoring' begins. Now, there's 'tutoring', and then there's 'telling students that you won't do the test for them, and they need to learn things, and they're pretty fucked if they can't learn it'. Guess what I did a lot of. I can't call these things stupid, ignorant, self-centered cunts, and I can't obviously take pleasure in their misery, so I really just have to try to educate them against all of their wishes, desires, and capabilities. Or call them stupid, ignorant, self-centered cunts under my breath.

So I get to thinking - a good number of these kids are about as 'ghetto' as can be. If they've ever learned anything, they don't show it. All they're concerned about is the popular hip-hop bullshit - wearing hand-me-downs from the Jolly Green Giant, talking like their mouths were full of popcorn and beetles, making bizarre hand symbols like Downs children attempting sign language. One fucker even had his pants tucked into his socks... I wasn't sure if I should send him home for looking like a moron or try to help him find his fuzzy red nose so that he could get to working on a career track he might actually succeed at. All around, pretty miserable failures at life. And they're going to breed more miserable failures at life. And the parents I saw seemed to be pretty miserable failures at life who came from and would continue down the same path.

And I have come to the conclusion that if you want someone to be pro-baby-murder, all you need to do is have them spend a week working with public school failures.

So I might be a bad person. Just checking.

Jeff

Post natal abortion (up to age 10 or so) could also be a solution.

Are you a bad person?
Yes! :heh: we all know that.

But seriously, take two flowers, put one in the sun, and one in the dark......

Jeff, I just want to thank you for giving me something to smile about, in an otherwise boring day at work. Your cynicism, dry sense of humour and use of sarcasm is just pure brilliance. I especially liked the sentence regarding the hand symbols.

Edit: Oh, and you're not a bad person. :)

Ain´t life a bitch? :)
I truly enjoy and identify myself with your dry sense of humour and sarcasm.
we´re all bad persons...sometimes

Ahh, don't worry about the kids. You're only responsible for what you can do, and that's directly proportional to what they let you do. I think the "die soon and with as little damage to others as possible" route would be the best bet, and it certainly proofs you're not that much of a bad person :lol: . You're not responsible for their failure. If you don't care about them don't fucking do anything for them, that's not being a bad person at all, that's just being a JBroll. World is big enough and tiny enough, it shall take care.
About the girlfriend thing: Yeah, man, we all need to come inside when it's raining :lol: Pills. No-brainer. Flawless. Sewing needle if everything fails.

Cheers
Mauro

And people wonder why I chose to be homeschooled.

Don't worry about it Jeff. Just smoke a pipe and play SYL as loud as possible. That and some Jamesons always seemed to lift my spirits (no pun intended) a bit.

I tuck my balls into my socks.

WHAT

Haha, I see you suffer from balls like Droopy's ears?

DroopyDog3.jpg

Mr. Broll, don't you work with musicians? Like you were expecting anything more? You're probably working with the kids that were too dumb to pick up an instrument.... wow, that's deep: Dumber than a drummer.

My advice: Take the money & run. Put up with the self-centered little bastards & buy some nice gear.

The money's actually going to rent, but I'll be rolling in the dough once I start working for $6-8k a semester as a TA...

Wow, I have low financial aspirations.

Jeff

I think I might be.

I have been tempted over the last few weeks to pay for the domain amipregnant.com just so that I could put a gigantic flashing YES right in the middle of the screen. Further, rather than worrying a great deal about this condom or that foam or this sponge-like fish thing I've decided that the girlfriend and I are going to hope to hell that one product works, and if it doesn't we'll just hope to hell that extended rough sex can cause abortion. And if that doesn't, I live on the third story of the apartment complex and that gives me two tries at the staircase method.

So I might be a bad person. Just checking.

Jeff

that's genious.

I know what you mean on these kids and their parents.. Every generation seems to get dumber or something. And it's always our fault, the teachers are horrible, School is horrible. If those parents even f*cking took a minute to raise their kid properly I'd give m A's instead of F's all the time.