Am i sick?

trapper

May 23, 2002
Alberta, Canada
www.skywestcattle.com
You know, refering to the thread, things you like but wont admit to. Im kinda getting into Eminem right now. I never bought any of his cd's but on his videos, espescially this last one, he has some very powerfull lyrics. The songs are simple but so catchy, and he just doesnt rely on his catchy chorus's, he loads these songs up with alot of lyrics. What do you guys think?

T

I like him quite abit actually, but your also taking to someone that raps so I have no problems with him. You won't get the same response from most of the folks here as they are true metal heads, but that doesn't mean we don't listen to other stuff either. I myself like anything from Ice-T to Mr. Bungle, to (just purchased, Slaughter at the Gates!) Eminem is pretty dam good, but I myself love Dr. Dre the best rap wise!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

I'm not an Eminem fan myself, But I do think he is one of the better things to happen to rap. He's made all the loser rappers turn their heads and change. Rap myself I'm rather picky, the ones I like most are the ones that don't use sluts as the main focus of their music and video's. I perfer Swollen Members, Ice T and Outcast. Rapper's that actually got something to say.

I think you mean Outkast, doesn't matter they suck!!!The problem these days with hiphop is they all want to make 75 minutes albums, try some of the older cd's
Best pick: Ice Cube "Death Cerificate"Ice T "OG",The Goats (both albums" 1st Alkoholiks"21 & Over" and any House of Pain album and don't forget the 1st Cypress and Funkdoobiest!!!!!.Em can only interest me for a couple of songs .

well I was never a rap fan an don't plan to start now but I gotta admit some of his videos,specially the new one, are fucking hilarious.I don't like him but specially because I don't like rap

Here is my personal top ten Rap albums,.
in no particular order

1-Dr Dre-Cronic
2-Beastie Boys-Check your head
3-KottonMouth Kings-Royal Highness
4-Ice Cube-The Predator
5-Ice T-Original Gangster
6-N.W.A-1000 miles and runnin
7-I.C.P-Great Milanko
8-Eminen-The Marshall Mathers LP
9-Esham-Closed Casket
10-Wu Tang- Wu Tang forever

Cheerz!

AugDawg:)

Originally posted by dutchy
@augdawg2 , who the hell is Esham, what year did teh album came out, doesn't ring a bel

To be honest with you, I'm not surprised you haven't heard of Esham, but that's not because he isn't good :D

he's dam good! Esham is I.C.P's biggest influence, but he doesn't sound like I.C.P or vice versa! You may remember a line from Eminems first full length album "I'm like Manson, Ozzy, and Esham", well, this is who Slim Shady is referring to! Esham is the first true Horror rapper and his first album "Homie Don't Play" came out when Esham was 15 or 16, and he's now 28(same age as me) but he has like 10 or 11 albums out. Esham is also a member of NATAS(maybe you have heard of them) which is a three piece rap act comprised of T.N.T, Esham, and MastaMind.

Taken from RollingStone.com

"Esham, born Esham A. Smith, is a Detroit rapper notorious for his hardcore "Acid raps." Since his 1990 debut, Homey Don't Play, he has pioneered the field of "horrorcore" and released 10 more albums, including his latest, 1997's Bruce Wayne: Gotham City 1987. As frontman for the group Natas, Esham runs his own Reel Life Productions label and distribution company."

Check him out Dutchy, Esham is one of my favorites! He really bumps the shit, both musically and especially lyrically!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

Originally posted by dutchy
@augdawg2 , who the hell is Esham, what year did teh album came out, doesn't ring a bel

Closed Casket came out in 1992! Eshams most recent album "Tongues" came out last year! It also kicks ass, but hey, I'm a Esham faithful now!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

@augdawg, thanx for the info !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thats theway to do it, can you help find a pic af Scott playing with House of Pain, just because youre like ..............the GOD of information.

Having a Freddie (Heineken)

Em is good but he makes it really hard to like him. That shit with Moby on the video awards... man he pisses me off. I try to get his discs used so then I really dont help his sales or pocketbook. augdawg I can't believe you would put check your head above Pauls Boutique.
Have you heard the N.E.R.D. disc? It kicks ass. You can cet it at Best Buy right now for like six bucks, you cant go wrong.

Cincy- I'm with you @ Paul's Boutique. That album was waaaay ahead of it's time.
As far as rap in general goes, I still think old Run-DMC is the best of all time....

j

Originally posted by Cincy Vigilante
Em is good but he makes it really hard to like him. That shit with Moby on the video awards... man he pisses me off. I try to get his discs used so then I really dont help his sales or pocketbook. augdawg I can't believe you would put check your head above Pauls Boutique.
Have you heard the N.E.R.D. disc? It kicks ass. You can cet it at Best Buy right now for like six bucks, you cant go wrong.

Actually, I love Pauls Boutique. For that matter I love all the Beasties albums, but I really couldn't put them in order. Whenever I list a top ten, it doesn't really mean that those are the only ones I like. They just happened to be on my mind at the time, kinda like Willie Nelson :D

N.E.R.D? Never heard of them, but I'm gonna check it out since you mentioned it.

Dutchy, you want me to find a pic of Scott with House of Pain? Hmmmm, I'll see what I can do, but to be honest with you I didn't hear of that until I saw the post the other day, but you know me. God of information :)

Cheerz!

AugDawg