lopez still sick?

RollMyCoaster13

RollMyCoaster13
Jan 26, 2006
not to sound skeptical, but im just gonna be extremely bummed if martin doesnt play at the MXMXCIV shows, and im not sure that i really know what the deal is. Is he really still sick and wont be able to play this tour or no? ive heard that he will be able to play, and ive heard that he wont. Im a drummer, and martin lopez is my hero. i saw opeth for the first time in october and he was sick then, so i wasnt able to see him then.

If you know whats really going on with martin, then post. Also if u have a reliable source of where u got your information thatd be great too. thanks a lot.

im not doubting anybody, i just want to get my facts straight before i get my hopes up or get seriously bummed out because i wont be able to see him again.

thanks guys. much appreciated.

:headbang:

Uhmm, we haven't really heard anything at all since Axenrot joined the band unless Mikael said something at shows, but I don't think he's said anything serious about his condition.

Axenrot hasn't actually joined the band, but is replacing Lopez for this tour. Just to be exact.

That interview was really interesting!

From what I understood, Lopez is not coming back if he won't be able to be 100% dedicated to Opeth, and if that's the case, Axenrot will be the new drummer.

Other interesting stuff there too, like the GR special edition having the "making of" DVD, and Robert Fripp possibly joining the Åkerfeldt/Wilson/Portnoy project :)

Mike talking about each album was also more interesting than on Terrorizer IMO.

wow amazing interview! would be good if someone would translate it to english so all those on here that don't understand french can read, because it has some important information ...
like they are doing all the european festivals and most likely doing a third european tour for GR ... looking forward to those!! just hope now I'll be able to go see them on Graspop (Belgian Metal Festival) ...