So What Happened To Martin Lopez?

Reaping Clarity

The Grimmest Reaper
Sep 5, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
www.myspace.com
I know he left the band some time ago now, but as I was watching the DVD that came with the Watershed C.E. there was an interview with Axe.

Basically he stated that Martin had become sick and that he only thought he would fill in for him while he was ill, then he went on to say that Martin didn't get better so his position became permanent - so what exactly happened to Martin?

:lol:

Just a warning, be prepared for the 'Search Function' assaults.

Long story short, Lopez was mentally ill IIRC and was sent home to rest during the GR tour. Axe started filling in in Lopez' absence and it became a permanent thing.

:lol:

Just a warning, be prepared for the 'Search Function' assaults.

Long story short, Lopez was mentally ill IIRC and was sent home to rest during the GR tour. Axe started filling in in Lopez' absence and it became a permanent thing.
Just to clarify for the original poster, not like crazy man mentally ill, but apparently not dealing well with being on the road all the time, and the stresses of touring, so he was ending up not that reliable.

Stress and fatigue as a result of his blood disease made it very difficult for him to deal with the long tours/late nights plus he has a mild fear of flying iirc. Basically the strict/long tour schedules meant he was unable to put in 100% both mentally and physically. But even off tour his health was gradually declining, during the recording of GR for example. Mainly to do with his anxiety issues/blood disorder. They basically sent him home in the hope he could recover and find himself as well as regain the ability to play as consistent as he once did, but as he suffered from a long term disease, rather than contacted a virus for example, he couldn't recover. So Axe was suggested as a replacement after Gene saw them though.

Martin's going to drum for me when I arrive in Sweden.

Other than that I'm not sure what he's up to these days but I'd be interested in finding out too.

Any news on Peter for that matter? I think Mikael may have been hinting at a project of his in one of his myspace blogs...