Discrepancies Concerning the Situation of Martin Lopez

He wasn't at the show last night in toronto... some weird looking dude with blonde hair was durmming. At first when I realized it wasn't martin, I thought it might be gene hoglun but I thought 'nah he's probably touring with SYL'

Nobody pays attention!!!!!!! Repeating myself sucks, it is Martin Axenrot from Bloodbath who has been filling in for Lopez since SotU has been finished.

the "official" word on opeth.com:
"During the first weeks of the tour Martin Lopez became seriously ill and had to fly back home to Sweden for treatment. He's currently under supervision and is doing well and we hope for a swift recovery and return to his natural habitat....behind the drums."
so, it seems as if the real deal is not being announced directly by anyone.
which would explain conflicting statements...

It could be that he is still ill, and now there are problems within his family which he's having to sort out. Who knows, all we can do is hope thing get better as quickly as possible.

Tumn said:
Nobody pays attention!!!!!!! Repeating myself sucks, it is Martin Axenrot from Bloodbath who has been filling in for Lopez since SotU has been finished.

Axenrot filled in admirably in TO last night. :headbang:

I swear this 'Lopez leaving the band' stuff has been going on years.. and i swear i've said a million times over (not just on this forum) that i doubt he's leaving .. I just don't think Lopez nor the band would want him to leave. Of course you have to expect the unexpected .. But i just can't see it happening atm.